3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 Saab 9-3 Viggen
Lightning Blue
Blue/Black leather interior
103k Miles
Purchased in April 2008 with 91k miles.
5-Speed Manual

This is one of the rarest '99 Viggens you will ever find. Why? Because it's stock, other than the factory-optional 17" Double Three Spoke wheels. No third-party aftermarket parts, no DIY modifications, no alterations to the stock T7 ECU or any programming changes. No accidents, no stories, no problems.

I always use Castrol Syntec 5w-30 synthetic oil every 4k (due to rumors of Mobil 1 problems) and OE replacement parts from eEuroparts.com. Always use Saab-recommended NGK PFR7H10. Some owners use the lesser NGK non-viggen plugs, but this car always gets the best. Has less than a year-old MAF and air filter. New plugs. AC blows cold. No missing pixels in the SID or ACC, no CEL, SRS or other warning lights on the dash.

This car is known to be a "healthy" viggen. 100% stock it dyno'd at 236whp last June. Some Viggens dyno as low as 200whp, so this car is definitely underrated from the factory. In fact, at the same dyno day, this '99 Viggen outperformed two MODIFIED Viggens (one with turboback BSR exhaust, intake, BPV and one with a GS v2 DP, intake, BPV). Original dyno sheet will be included with the sale.

This car has been owned by the past year and a half by a hardcore Saab enthusiast. My aim with this car was to keep it factory stock, running great, and RELIABLE. Most of the 12,000 miles I have put on the car in the past year and a half are highway miles, as I have a 60 mile round-trip drive to work when I wasn't carpooling.

Features:
-100% mechanically stock.
-Hard to find factory optional all-weather front & rear floormats in charcoal.
-Updated factory 9-5 style one-piece key, instead of "Banana fob" (banana fob + spare key included).
-17" Double Three Spoke wheels with OEM Saab-Scania logo center caps and black lug covers.
-Original batter cover "jacket", often discarded on other cars.
-New MAF, air filter, plugs, oil change.
-Common Viggen problems are No problem here! Ask me about anything!
-Washed, waxed, and meticulously maintained by a long-term Saab enthusiast.

Issues:
-Scuffs on the lower front bumper from the previous owner. Very common with Viggens as people tend to forget about the cow catcher on the front of their car. I however also drive a lowered Airflow c900, so I am constantly aware of my front clearances.

-Scuffs on the rear bumper. Looks like someone scuffed the rear while loading/unloading something. A repaint of the rear bumper would be the best solution here.

-Small paint chips on Viggen spoiler. These are minute, I am just being thorough. Some touch-up paint would conceal these perfectly.

-Wear on driver's seat bolster. Not uncommon for the Viggen, as the blue part of the seat isn't actually leather, and wears poorly. Remember, this is a 10 year old car with over 100,000 miles. Above average for it's age in my opinion.

Looking to get $8,200 OBO. I think that's a fair price for the condition, factory, optional wheels, and rarity. Worried about other cars raced or beat on? Concerned about a previous owner's questionable DIY modifications? Want a car that drives just as Saab intended it to? Buy this car.

I will be taking up-close pictures of all the issues listed ASAP. Here are some pictures of the car:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Wow, the Viggens have been dropping like flies in the last few weeks :eek:

Wish I were closer to you; a car like that could inspire me to start a collection.

·
Registered
298 Posts
*drool*

Beautiful Viggen.

I am currently digging through couch cushions and under the driver seats of my cars looking for $8200 in nickels and pennies to come get your Viggen.

Wish me luck...

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Nice Viggen. Is this your only car ? What will you be driving after you sell it ? Just curious.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Cool. Are you moving overseas or importing one ? Have you already picked one out ? Have any pics ?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
You can buy one locally. Just change some things and you'll have a real one :)
If you're asking me, I'm aiming at a 2006 Impulse Blue. I don't have a car yet but I already have plans what I'll do to it :)

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
*drool*

Beautiful Viggen.

I am currently digging through couch cushions and under the driver seats of my cars looking for $8200 in nickels and pennies to come get your Viggen.

Wish me luck...
Come take a test drive! If you're interested ;-)

Nice Viggen. Is this your only car ? What will you be driving after you sell it ? Just curious.
This is one of four cars I own. I also have a stock '87 SPG and my '87 Airflow convertible, and a VW. I'll likely pick up a GTO, as rafal mentioned.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
rc89
how much do you like your blue viggen? what are it's specs?
I loved it. I sold it on Saturday though. It's a best bang for the buck. You won't regret it. All the looks from other drivers and it's such a nice feeling to embarrass some ricers or once you get some tune with a 3" DP - to smoke an S4 or others :)

Go get it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I want it soooo badly :( lol just bought my very very first car back. It overheated in January and had problems. The PO had a Washington University plate frame. I bought a '98 900S Vert for $5000 in February and bought the 9000 a couple weeks ago for $1800. I wish I could magically get my money back to buy this viggen.. ;oops: lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts