SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a decent 97 SE that I put a lot of work into but I am no longer interested in it. It has 165000 miles, runs well except for the fact that the starter just farted out and I'm not fixing it. It has power at the starter and will bump start so you can definitely test drive it.
Any work listed has been performed within the past year as I bought the car in Aug of 2011.
I replaced the most of the front and rear suspension to include:
Moog Control Arms
Moog Tie rod ends
Moog Sway Bar links
Moog Strut Mounts
Bilstein Sport front strut inserts and rear shocks
B&G lowering springs
New hardware and axle nuts
Left front OEM wheel bearing
GS urethane bushings(all of them)
GS rear anti roll bar
NIB rear beam bushings(Saabsite.com)
NIB stanchion arm bushings and subframe bolts

The engine is a very nice running unit, I pulled the valve cover to check for sludge and it was clean. It looked to me as if the timing chain was replaced at some point as well. I replaced all the vacuum lines and filters and also put in a new BPC valve. I noticed that the one valve in the pcv system was gunked up so I replaced that and installed an Oil Catch Can. Hardly any oil has accumulated in 4 months. The exhaust is a 3" JT 2 muffler system with a Magnaflow Spun Core catalytic converter and a second O2 sensor bung was welded in. It is the quietest 3" system I have ever had. I also upgraded the IC with a delta fin 2.5" inlet and outlet, I think a bigger one will fit quite easily and was planning on it but like I said, I lost interest.

The AC needs a new line and a charge, something is up with the climate control where it doesn't always select the right vents(press the windshield defroster and it usually selects the feet), and the aforementioned starter issue. The CEL just came on but I am going to have that sorted out on Monday, I think it was due to me filling up with the engine running. Sounds strange but there was a mighty vacuum leak when I took the gas cap off.

I have a set of Talladega wheels without tires, and a set of steel wheels with Bridgestone Blizzack snow tires that have about 10k miles on them.
$2000.00 as is
$2500.00 if I fix the starter

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car is fixed!
New starter and CPS cured all ills. Also replaced the cruise control switch on the gas pedal and the serpentine belt and tensioner pulley.
Having the AC checked out later on this morning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts