SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale is my 2001 9-5 Aero Wagon. It is the sought after 5-speed, with many performance upgrades. The current mileage is 142,219. It has been a very solid, reliable, VERY fast car. It is my dream car, but I just can't afford the Super anymore, and feel like it will be better appreciated in new hands. Here are some of the Pros and Cons...

Pros:
- Godspeed Front Mount Intercooler
- GS 3" Downpipe
- 2.5" BSR Catback exhaust from GS
- T7 Upgraded intake pipe, from GS
- Custom Open Air (cold air) Intake form GS
- 17" BBS RK1 (not perfect)
- Thule Roof Rack system, with locks, and key.
- Vented Seats
- New battery as of January
- New Starter

All it needs for the Stg 3 ECU tuning is the FPR ($50 from GS)

Now for the dreaded Cons...

- Missing the rear cargo cover. During my most recent move, I took it out to create more room, and have not been able to find it since. Its been bugging the hell out of me. I can't imagine somone would steal something so specific.

- I ran over an X-mas tree branch on the highway this winter, and it split the front lip down the middle. I still have it, but it is in 2 pieces. Some minor work will have it back together.

- There is a fairly large tear on the driver's side seat. It hasnt bothered me much since it is under my ***, but if you would like to replace it, you will have to get the entire butt section off of a spare seat, and stitch it in.

- Previous owner was a smoker, so there are a couple small burn holes on the column by the drivers window. I was gonna get a gauge cluster to cover them, but never got around to doing so.

- Previous owner struck a deer. The damage is not unbearable, but noticeable. There is a small, long dent, along the very front on the passenger side of the hood. And there are also 2, very subtle hoof marks on the hood.

- The alarm battery was dying, and causing random outburts of siren in the middle of the night. I was on vacation when it started acting up, so rather than a true repair, I just pulled the fuse, which also cut out the AC.

- It could use new rubber. Not necesarily all the way around, but Definitley the rears. The camber on these cars is as such that the tops of the rears are constantly trying to high five, causing abnormal wear on the insides. You can get a $6 shim from GS that will be a big help.

- It has some squeaks and rattles, but from what I understand, that is pretty common for these cars.

Overall, its a great, rare, fun car, that I would love to see end up in the right hands. I am posting it here before it goes Local/CL, so let me know if you are interested. I am asking $4000 OBO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts