SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been trying to upgrade my 2003 9-5 linear with an aero td04 turbo charger. I have the turbo mounted and would like to change the ECU. I have a 2002 9-5 Aero ECU and a TechII setup for Saab as well as a gmpowersupply account so I can get all of the latest TIS information, basically I have dealer level equipment and have never used it. So I have the Aero controller in and the car does not start after going through and programming TWICE/immobilizer. I try to flash with TIS and it keeps telling me it is a B235E engine and not an R. This is the part that makes me think I am doing something wrong, the vin that I get as a requested vin is the same as on the car and not the same as the replacement ECU. Has anyone ever done this with the software I am using, I am lost at this point and do not know what to do. TIA

·
Registered
516 Posts
So, is the Aero ECU is programmed to the same VIN and immobilizer code as your stock ECU? They need to match for the car to start.

Since your VIN is an E engine, that may be what the TIS is reading, while the maps are for the R.

How do you have dealer equipment?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was able to get some more information on the exact process. According to Saab service information right from them I have to basically divorce the controllers to marry a new one:
Before a control module is dismantled Tech 2 should be used to separate the control module from the car. Access the menu "All" and select the control module under "Add / Remove". Now select "Remove" and follow the instructions. The ignition key must be in the ON position. You may need to use TIS 2000. When the control module is separated from the car the ignition key should be turned to the OFF position. The control module can then be dismantled. Perform a "Remove" using Tech 2 even if the control module can not be contacted or is actually missing on the car as data needs to be changed in other control modules.

This happens with regard to data:
Security codes are reset, bus lists are updated, data in other control modules is updated and data that may be written back in a new control module is read and shown.

SPS Programming
Connect Tech 2 and use TIS 2000 to check whether the control module needs to be programmed.Access the menu "SPS", select "Read control module data" and follow the instructions. The intention is that the control module shall be loaded with the latest available software and in addition adapted to the car model and market.

Add
When the control module is fitted and in some cases SPS programmed, Tech 2 must be used to "marry" the control module to the car. Access the menu "All" and select control module under "Add/Remove". Then select "Add" and follow the instructions. The ignition key must be in the ON position. TIS 2000 may need to be used.

This happens with regard to data:
Characteristics files are downloaded, security codes are loaded, bus lists are updated, data in other control modules is updated and trouble codes are deleted from all control modules.

Some of the lumps of information that I have pulled from their service information. I will have to go through the process and "divorce" the controllers and then try to remarry the Aero unit. At least that is what I think I need to do at this point. And yes it is all dealer level equipment.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I believe from reading here that you will need to change the VIN to an Aero VIN to program the ECU as it won't let you program an LPT VIN with an Aero map - there is one letter different in the VIN.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts