SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everybody,

I recently got my 9-3 Aero and have been browsing through all the literature that came with the car. After going through everything and reading from cover to cover I read in the manual that our version 9-3s (US Spec) do not come with the hands free/bluetooth option available.

I'd really love to be able to use this option in my Aero but unfortunately I do not have the OnStar option equipped in my car. I've read that in order to utilize the bluetooth or hands free system this must be present. But I want to know is there ANY way to enable the hands free/bluetooth option in this vehicle without needing the OnStar system?

This car has so many features and they left all the traces of all the amentaties behind yet didn't enable some of them to work/function. Im sure many of you have come across this same issue and have found some resolution to it but for the life of me I can not find the right info for help.

So if anyone out there has any helpful insight on helping me find a resolution to getting this hands free system to work so I don't have to keep using my BlueAnt ST3 bluetooth speaker phone I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Sup everybody,

I recently got my 9-3 Aero and have been browsing through all the literature that came with the car. After going through everything and reading from cover to cover I read in the manual that our version 9-3s (US Spec) do not come with the hands free/bluetooth option available.

I'd really love to be able to use this option in my Aero but unfortunately I do not have the OnStar option equipped in my car. I've read that in order to utilize the bluetooth or hands free system this must be present. But I want to know is there ANY way to enable the hands free/bluetooth option in this vehicle without needing the OnStar system?

This car has so many features and they left all the traces of all the amentaties behind yet didn't enable some of them to work/function. Im sure many of you have come across this same issue and have found some resolution to it but for the life of me I can not find the right info for help.

So if anyone out there has any helpful insight on helping me find a resolution to getting this hands free system to work so I don't have to keep using my BlueAnt ST3 bluetooth speaker phone I'd greatly appreciate it.
I believe for the MOST fiber optic system there was one solution by Dension, http://www.dension.com/product/iPod-iPhone-car-adapters/iPod-car-kits/bluetooth-car-kits/gateway-500 , but others have used a Parrot kit with success... http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185751&highlight=bluetooth
Forget about the steering wheel controls though :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ended up putting a Garmin 2595 LMT GPS in my Mercedes. I needed a GPS and this one not only came with lifetime map & traffic updates but also has bluetooth. It connected seamlessly with my Pantech phone. Only complaint is that the speaker is not as loud as I would have liked.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Gamin and Parrot, best alternatives.
I put a Dension unit in my 06 997 with mixed results for Bluetooth, although, excellent for iPod.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I was abl to install the Motorola kit....doesnt enable the steerin wheel buttons, but works great with muting the audio, and playing through the OEM mic and speaker...even with the top down! Took less then 20 minutes to install.........

Sean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts