SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has making some very strange noises with the front end. I brought it in and then said it needs the front wheel hub assembly and engine mounts. They wanted over $200 for the hub assembly and $200 each for the mounts. I found the hub assembly on thesaabsite.com for only $60 as well as the mounts for also about $60 each. Is that way too cheap? A lot of other places have them for much more than that. I don't want to spend a fortune but I want to make sure I am getting a decent part.
Also, how difficult is it to replace the hub?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just replaced both front wheel hubs with ones from thesaabsite, and they looked to be OEM and went on just right. No reason to spend more...

One was easy to replace--the other harder because the hub nut was frozen on and I had to cut it off.

You will need a large socket (36mm?) and breaker bar for the hub nut, and a torque wrench that goes to 200 ft lbs to put it back on. Also some good tool for removing the tie rod end. Otherwise it is a relatively easy job.

Note that I replace the "wrong" one first--the noise was hard to locate. Both needed to be replaced (at 178K miles), but the noisy one was on the opposite side than I thought. Also, there was no play in the bearings but they were both worn out...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts