SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1991 C900 Convertible. Driver side turn signal does not activate. I get the rapid signal sound when indicating a left turn. It is not the bulb.

Voltmeter reading is giving me low voltage (like 5 or less). This voltage is enough to dimly light up a 12 volt LED connected to the socket prongs with the hazards on I have for testing. The incandescent bulb does not light up at all. I tried cleaning the metal prongs inside the bulb socket with no change. Also cleaned two grounds: The one on the driver-side fender as well as the radiator crossmember. Both were already clean.

Shouldn't be the relay if a dim LED flashes. All other bulbs are working.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it changes when you step on the brake, improve the grounds at the taillamp assemblies.
Add extra grounding wire to both taillights.
Are there any guides for this? I found a few links in old forum posts but they are no longer in existence. Also I should mention that the parking light filament works fine. It is just the turn signal filament which doesn't light up at all.

·
Registered
12,788 Posts

Click on the above link.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. It ended up being a corroded connector on the bulb socket that I missed the first time. I also popped the tail-lights and they were a bit crusty, so I will look into the grounding issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts