SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think my bushings are shot. I'm trying to figure out which are the part numbers that I need. There's some confusion. I want to put on 06+ bushings on.
According to a couple of posts the front and rears are the same and I can put 06+ in my 01. The middle ones have to be the right year.
But if I check on eeuroparts it shows that front and middle are the same and rear is different. I think there's also a sticky says then same.

And the funny thing is that the poly ones are exactly the same for all 6. But those are way too much $$$$....

Anyone can clear this up?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one knows?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So instead of trying to sort this confusion out. I'm going to replace them with this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whiteline-W...ssories&hash=item46069aa66f#ht_2442wt_1271com

Seems like a cheaper alternative to the powerflex poly ones at $170.

According to whiteline website "Whiteline engineered "Synthetic Elastomer" bushings feature the quality ride of rubber at lower speeds and at higher speeds react when under cornering, accelerating and braking loads, for CHASSIS CONTROL and improved handling."

Hopefully as good as poly's.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dude, you get what you pay for

go with Powerflex
while true most of the time... I think I will take a chance and put the $70 bucks saved somewhere else... I'm pretty sure they will last as long as the powerflex will... whiteline does seem to be well reputed in other forums as far as a quick google search showed...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you price through PFS? Because they are priced a lot better than going through PowerflexUK.
price IS better, you are right. But with shipping and all... whiteline is still cheaper.:)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
price IS better, you are right. But with shipping and all... whiteline is still cheaper.:)
IMHO - if it comes down to a little bit more because of the shipping charges, it is much more worth it.

I don't like the fact that it looks as if those subframe bushings are two-piece? The Powerflex subframe bushings are singular.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IMHO - if it comes down to a little bit more because of the shipping charges, it is much more worth it.

I don't like the fact that it looks as if those subframe bushings are two-piece? The Powerflex subframe bushings are singular.
you are right. I hadn't noticed that. oh well... I already ordered them this morning. We'll see... if anything, hopefully better than stock.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, your feedback will be valuable for others to know the difference... good luck, and let us know how the install goes.
will do... But it's gonna take a while.. before I get a chance to tackle this. Working on my phd thesis at the moment.

Can't wait to get this wagon in shape...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Subframe out!

I'm paying someone to do it for 200 bucks! Subframe + pan drop. Good deal in my book!
Middles ones were shot. I'm getting my car back tomorrow with polys installed!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still no car yet. The brakes discs I bought were wrong!

There's a slight problem though. The guy told me the bolts are slightly too short... the poly bushings are thicker than the original bushings by a few mm... he still bolted them in... just didn't install the two support triangles at the rear. I'm gonna try to find longer bolts...

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Still no car yet. The brakes discs I bought were wrong!

There's a slight problem though. The guy told me the bolts are slightly too short... the poly bushings are thicker than the original bushings by a few mm... he still bolted them in... just didn't install the two support triangles at the rear. I'm gonna try to find longer bolts...
I didn't have that issue with the Powerflex bushings. Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't have that issue with the Powerflex bushings. Hmmmmm.
Hmmm... when I get it back I will remove the bolts and double check.
Hopefully I'll be able to get the right rotors installed tomorrow to drive it back home.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Am I the only one that finds those first two photos really funny?
I just bought a set of Powerflex bushings for my rear trailing arms, I know the job will be fun, but I don't think I'll be having as much fun as the guy in the first two photos !
Apparently he does that for transmissions as well....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Apparently he does that for transmissions as well....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide App
For $200, I'm tempted to drive to Canada and have him work on my '03. Looking forward to hearing your opinion of the new bushings, It's going to be nice, driving a car that feels new.. I would say the fellow in the photos immerses himself in his work..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts