SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble identifying spring code. On the spring there are 3 painted dots, white then orange then silver or gray i think. Attached is a picture of a tag from inside the drivers door. Anyone know which springs I should order?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,361 Posts
13 front spring code

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
code 13

I can't find code 13 as an option for springs at any website. My best guess is I have white/orange springs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diggs, thanks for the help. 93190591 did not come up as an option when I seached eeuroparts under Linear. Comes up if I search under Arc. I rechecked the springs and they definately have white then orange and then a gray, silver or blue dot (faded)

The way I see it, the spring color code and the door sticker do not match. The car is a pretty basic Linear, I would be surprised if it had sport suspension.

What happens if I install above spring part number on a non sport suspension and vice versa?

·
Super Moderator
20,361 Posts
Diggs, thanks for the help. 93190591 did not come up as an option when I seached eeuroparts under Linear. Comes up if I search under Arc. I rechecked the springs and they definately have white then orange and then a gray, silver or blue dot (faded)

The way I see it, the spring color code and the door sticker do not match. The car is a pretty basic Linear, I would be surprised if it had sport suspension.

What happens if I install above spring part number on a non sport suspension and vice versa?
Sport suspension springs are 10mm lower. If your car has 17" wheels it has sports suspension. The wheels would look like this:

If it has 16's it does not. It would not be advisable to have lower spring on the front and not the rear. It is possible that eeuroparts has mislabeled the springs as sports springs. Perhaps someone with an EPC can look it up for you on here. A call to a dealer or saab parts supplier might be helpful as well. Front spring codes are always trouble, but frankly as long as it's either sports springs or standard springs, the many different color code combos aren't worth worrying over. If you need a sport spring, get a sports spring regardless of color code. Same for standard spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts