SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wife's drivers(UK) seat toggle cable(half way up seat) to realese back to fold down in her vert has 'broken' so can't let anyone in or out that side. I tried to get underneath and release the back but what a PIB that was, so I know I'm going to have to remove the seat to repair anyway, just wondered if it's a home made cable repair or if you can buy the cable(expect it has nippled/hook ends of some sort) any help ideas appreciated;ol;:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi - Had the same problem recently. Took the seat out and rolled up the cover to get to the cable which has two branches which run down either side of the seat. As you say there is a crimped on connector on the end of the cable which hooks through a plate to operate the mechanism. This had broken on mine - made a temporary repair by bending this back again and rethreading the cable to take a shorter route through the seat back. This has lasted a while but has now gone again and will need a proper fix. Really need to get this in place before I open up the seat again.

I did find on the saab site that they sell the cable - http://www.thesaabsite.com/900old/seatcomponents.htm#SEAT+HANDLE+CABLE+IN+SEAT+BACK plus the postage of course.

keef

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for info, I pressumed there would be a clip/connector on there somewhere, so will purchase a replacement part before removing seat ;ol;

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looked at the price $35,thought OK, then looked at postage $45,=$80 for a cable so think I will get one made up, or look around for a seat I can swap out:lol:;ol; thanks anyway

1 - 4 of 4 Posts