SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can help with this problem, my 2001 Aero estate has the AS2 Pioneer system and the front right side dashboard speaker has stopped working. I thought the speaker was blown so i connected another (working) speaker to test, but that doesn't work either, so I thought it must be the amp which had blown a channel. I have bought a second hand amplifier and plugged it in to the multiplug, and no difference. I pulled the head unit out and checked for any loose connections but nothing provokes a peep out of it! All the other speakers are fine! I have a multimeter (though i am not an expert with it!) so is there a reading I should be looking for at the speaker terminal? If i test for continuity between the speaker and the head unit will that give me any answers? thanks
Paul

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No need to reply now, thanks, I managed to get an adapter to try another head unit (not a Saab one!) and the speakers all work on that one, so at least I know, it's the head unit. Incidentally my Saab dealer says £65 plus VAT to divorce and remarry another head unit, so if I find one on a scrapyard for, say, £50, that's about £125 just to see if it is any good! I think I might get a DVD/TV/mp3/ipod player from ebay for not much more! Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions on that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts