SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have an 03' 9-5 linear and i was wondering if anyone knew of any different front bumpers/grille/lips that i could put on my car and where to find it? it seems as if the grill and the bumper are all one piece. what would look good/fit on my car? cheers

·
Registered
290 Posts
there are plenty of different custom grille ideas on here, as for bumpers and lips, a few have tried some cool custom stuff. I'd just keep trolling around until you find something you like.

Start out with the "Let's see those 9-5s" thread in the workshop area

·
Registered
121 Posts
you could also go to a local body shop and they can make a lip for your car. custom how you like etc and i hear its not as expensive as it may sound. also its not stuck on with 3m tape . 3m tape and my driving style of 100mph + dont go hand in hand but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
101 Posts
There was this post made awhile back

OK as promised! It's raining here today but I snapped a few while I had the chance; First of all, there are some slight alignment issues I need to fix, and I need to get out the heat gun and shape it a little better on the sides because it was folded up in the shipping box; lastly, IMO it's a little too tall - like overkill. I wanted something closer to the impact of my M5-style boot lip spoiler, and this is definitely out there in your face a little to much. I'm gonna trim it down so that the line of the side skirts continues up thru splitter.

Before you guys ask, I used some little aluminum spacers (used for wire rigging) to bridge the gap where the middle part dips up. I like it, but I think they need to be slightly taller. Anyway without further ado:

Cheers gentlemen!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Me like!!! Where did it come from???
I'll chime in here since that's my car :cheesy:

first of all, I've removed it until I can find the time to trim it down more across the front. I think it's just too tall to look right. I tapered the side edges down when I first installed it, so it does take a little fabrication to get it looking right. With that said, it's a Mach 1 lip for a Mustang ;oops: The material is very easy to work with, and I think that if it's trimmed probably it could look stock. I'm gonna get to this one of these days, but I bought a 9000 Aero a few months back and it's been getting all my free time lately...

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
The same company sells them for $59 on eBay, shipped! Quite the deal as overall fits really well on my 00. It does require. Some trimming which I just used a very good pair of scissors. I haven't pulled it out of ther garage yet for pictures.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The same company sells them for $59 on eBay, shipped! Quite the deal as overall fits really well on my 00. It does require. Some trimming which I just used a very good pair of scissors. I haven't pulled it out of ther garage yet for pictures.
Throw some up when you get around to it, Norm! I'm looking at doing this in the fall as well!

Do you have the eBay link also?

Thanks!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Seems to fit the shape of the older front better than the '04-'05 front. Painted to match it would absolutely look stock.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Seems to fit the shape of the older front better than the '04-'05 front.
It definitely does; I had to make relief cuts every few inches to get it to match the curvature of the '04 front bumper,and you have to contend with that slightly higher notched up section in the middle. The only thing I could come up with was the little spacers to bring it down to match the level if the outside edges.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
I used a screw with a washer mounted to it. It has a 7mm hex head and just zipped them up in there probably use no more than ten to hold the lip on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd like to see an aesthetic wind splitter....I have one in my garage but am waiting to re-fabricate my aero lip before putting it on...anyone seen this done (done well, that is)? I think they look great when done properly...

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
I used a screw with a washer mounted to it. It has a 7mm hex head and just zipped them up in there probably use no more than ten to hold the lip on.
So it was just a direct bolt on? Seriously thinking about doing this on mine, since the pre and post facelift 9-5s had the same shape bumper.

Seriously, I think this Mustang lip fits better than the stock Aero ones. :eek:

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
It cuts with a sharp pair of scissors. I might try to rattle-can spray to match but don't think it'll last on such pliable material being it's on the front of the car.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
So it was just a direct bolt on? Seriously thinking about doing this on mine, since the pre and post facelift 9-5s had the same shape bumper.

Seriously, I think this Mustang lip fits better than the stock Aero ones. :eek:
Disregard this, I just saw you replied to me in the other thread. lol

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
It cuts with a sharp pair of scissors. I might try to rattle-can spray to match but don't think it'll last on such pliable material being it's on the front of the car.
A good thick primer/adhesion promoter would for sure help it out.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts