SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 9-3 Linear

Anybody know how the front square plastic box that the jack fits into is attached?

I went to swap out winter to summers and the passenger mount point is quite loose. There is a plastic nail/screw type thing that goes up the middle (for lack of a better description) that I was able to remove with the edge of a screw driver, but when I put a screwdriver in the now empty hole I did not discover a bolt at the top and I can't see how it is otherwise attached. I just want to tighten it before it falls off.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The one on my rear driver's side is missing. I just jacked the car up on the frame where that piece attaches. I checked under there and the rail is solid so it won't cause any problems.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I took all of mine out, they suck cos they just flex about and i would far rather jack into metal

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
where are you guys jacking the car up without the blocks? I was told not to use that stock location without the blocks.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I do exactly what you were told not to with no problems. My cars been jacked up more in the past 2 months than any other car i have owned in duration of owning them...and thats alot :p

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I do exactly what you were told not to with no problems. My cars been jacked up more in the past 2 months than any other car i have owned in duration of owning them...and thats alot :p
ha ok. Just was told that using those jack points without the blocks could cause you do break through. I have to jack the car up tomorrow for my wheels and tires but I'm not sure if the blocks are all there. Thats why I ask.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It just "clips" in the hole and breaks easily if you dont jack the car in a perfectly straight fashion. both my rears are broken from the first lift to install winter tires in 2008. I kept one in the trunk and I place it at the original spot (even if loose) and insert the jack in the hole.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You can place a piece of 2X4 wood between the jack and the frame rail to distribute the pressure more evenly while jacking the car up. But it causes no harm to jack the car up without those blocks, one of mine fell off a long time ago...

·
Registered
53 Posts
for the front i jack up by the front cross member. it's located just behind the front splash/air damn. for the rear I jack up on one of the rear control arms.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts