SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in New York and want to put a front Europlate on my car with my licence plate #. My question is where can i get the plate, and will my origonal Ny licence plate have to go in my front window?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I live in New York and want to put a front Europlate on my car with my licence plate #. My question is where can i get the plate, and will my origonal Ny licence plate have to go in my front window?
there are lots of sites you can get them from. Google it, i know the site that ends with .tv is a reputable site. As for the plate location, I know it has to be in the front somewhere, I doubt the window will be legal, but don't know for sure.

·
Registered
173 Posts
licenseplates.tv is pretty awesome, too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just checked out both of those sites, they look good. Im still unsure about Ny laws though i dont want to buy something im going to have to take off and pay a fine for.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
you'll get bothered by a cop with a front euro plate in NY. You have to have your NY plate on. But the Euro plate can be under the NY plate, but weres the fun in that.

I was pulled over in NY on my way to wine country. But when the cop eventually got behind me, he saw that I was from PA and let me go.

·
Registered
207 Posts
you won't have any issues with having the front plate under your windshield, as long as it's fully visible.

same rules apply to NJ.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you'll get bothered by a cop with a front euro plate in NY. You have to have your NY plate on. But the Euro plate can be under the NY plate, but weres the fun in that.

I was pulled over in NY on my way to wine country. But when the cop eventually got behind me, he saw that I was from PA and let me go.
So if i wanted i could have the licence plate in my window and the europlate on my front bumper, sorry just want to be clear the person above said it was illegal to have.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Well I would be willing to believe deeps. He lives in jersey which does have the same law abot the plates. Like I said, im from pa and don't have to worry. It makes sense to me that as long as it can be seen. I just know that most friend from jersey and new York have either the plate under the state plate or have the euro plate in the window. I suppose it would truly come down to the cop that sees you. Just get the euro plate and put the state in the window and see how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts