SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think the front of the 9-3ss looks alittle odd without a euro plate on the front. Since we don't run front plates in KY, i would like to add one. I like the ones that say turbo, but I haven't found the one I really like. Let me see yours, and where did you get it along with price.

One place i found them
genuinesaab.com

·
Registered
407 Posts
seiplax said:
I bought European Licence plate and the frame from http://www.europeanplates.com
i bought from this company. and i definately dont recommend them. i even filed a report with the better business bureau against them because of their poor service.
i placed an order for a swedish plate in late april. emailed the company 2 times...never got a response. filed a paypal claim in early june. got my money back. then in late august, i received a package from them. it was my license plate. 4 months to receive a package 2 states away is rediculous even though it was free.

·
Registered
514 Posts

The license plate that I have is the European Delivery registration, I never took them off.

They are different than what everybody else usually gets, but I like them.

·
Registered
514 Posts
You are right, sorry... I took a look at the box that was still in the garage, the website I got it from was http://www.licenseplates.tv/

They are located in Florida, have ordered a few sets for my wife's car and my previous car... good quality.

soul05 said:
i bought from this company. and i definately dont recommend them. i even filed a report with the better business bureau against them because of their poor service.
i placed an order for a swedish plate in late april. emailed the company 2 times...never got a response. filed a paypal claim in early june. got my money back. then in late august, i received a package from them. it was my license plate. 4 months to receive a package 2 states away is rediculous even though it was free.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey,

Yes, Europeanplates.com is a great source for plates. Here is a shot of mine. GF has a set on her IS too.

Cheers
Ken

G

·
Every Saab in a US state without front plate requirement needs a Swedish plate. :cool:

Original Swedish plate on my previous car. I was thinking of ordering from licenseplates.tv but then I found this one on eBay from a seller in Finland. I wanted the original and paid about $75 for it.

Swedish export EDP plate on the car before my previous car.

I like the smaller black SAAB plates as well.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
seeing all these 9-3s with the e-code strips makes me want to buy them. anyone ever get in trouble with the law? yspaik, you car looks great! I dont really like red cars,unless its a Ferrari. nice job, the eyelids look awesome.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
awjones said:
seeing all these 9-3s with the e-code strips makes me want to buy them. anyone ever get in trouble with the law?
If you ever get ticket for having the Euro strips you should commend the police officer for his/her fine attention to detail. I seriously doubt any officer would even know the car has been modified, unless they have a Saab themselves. I've them on my car, along with the 'SAAB' Euro plate even though both state-issued plates are required.

·
Registered
731 Posts
thanks

awjones said:
seeing all these 9-3s with the e-code strips makes me want to buy them. anyone ever get in trouble with the law? yspaik, you car looks great! I dont really like red cars,unless its a Ferrari. nice job, the eyelids look awesome.
:cheesy: Thanks!!! Appreciate the comment, the eyelids got mixed responses from this forum, but it makes the car unique in my opinion.

Regarding e-code strips, I think only 9-3 owners notice the subtle change

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought two actually... one from autoplates.com and another from autogeek.net

One is a swedish plate with custom text, the other is dark silver with black lettering in the same text. Both look great on the nocturne blue.

Definitely spring for the nice black frame... mounting is cleaner and really dresses thing up...

·
Registered
34 Posts
seiplax what size wheel and tire r u running. Looks awsum.
I'm trying to talk the wife into replacing the stock 16" but she like them.

·
Registered
553 Posts
There is also a guy on Ebay who sells them custom made to order. I forgot his seller name but I got mine for 25 bucks it is like lexan plastic with the plate frame and everything for like 26 dollars

·
Registered
514 Posts
eastcoster: Where in Florid are you? The rims that I have are the Saab factory 17" (Model 17562) for the 2006 model, I know on previous and the new models there difference choice..

There is a big difference on how our Saabs look with 16" rims next to the 17+" rims.

I am waiting for when I need to get the tires replaced, but I am going to try to get the Saab factory 18" rims on the picture below... Only problem is that I have to get them from Europe since I cant find a reseller in the US and with the exchange rate with dollar being so bad right now... I might have to wait.

But I do like how the 17" look right now... I might just keep them.

eastcoaster said:
seiplax what size wheel and tire r u running. Looks awsum.
I'm trying to talk the wife into replacing the stock 16" but she like them.

·
Registered
588 Posts
seiplax said:
I am waiting for when I need to get the tires replaced, but I am going to try to get the Saab factory 18" rims on the picture below...

Those rims are awesome! I take it we can't get those in the States? Special order, or are those just for the Saab Museum? I don't remember seeing that car there this summer...

Tell us more about that eBay guy...any links?

·
Registered
34 Posts
seiplax I'm in West palm beach. New to the saab. We just bought it 2 weeks ago at a Acura dealer. We traded in a jetta with 90,000 miles. The saab is nice, but I need to sport it up a little. Ordered a lip spoiler and having the rear brakes replaced next week with ceramic to cut the dust down. Put tint on it and momo pedals. thats it so far. running out of money

1 - 20 of 22 Posts