SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has 190K miles so probably time to change something. I don't see anything obviously wrong beyond torn inner CV boots.

Symptoms are a rattle from the front end when going over bumps that has got progressively worst. I do not see any obviously worn bushings or broken springs. Car is fine on a smooth road surface with no vibration or steering wander and feels tight. Obviously the wheel nuts are tight.
I had assumed it was the pads rattling in the calipers but it has got worse so clearly not that.

Any suggestions? Are there tricks to unload the front suspension to get a better feel of what is going on as you would with a C900?

I'm trying to not have to take everything apart twice as I have to do the CV boots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replace your sway bar links. They are the first to go. Cheap to replace.
For me, they went bad around 90K miles (we have 3 9-3 SAAB's) and they all had the same symptoms.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are absolutely right. I took one off and drove the car, as suggested by someone on here. Much quieter front end. On inspection the lower end boot had failed and dried out and loose. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts