SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 9-3 linear 2.0 t sedan.
Anyone familiar with this sound?!
it’s within the last two months or so I’ve started hearing it.
I’ll try and check back in here or

mattm1989
That’s a yahoo email.
I haven’t gotten a chance To get in and look under/at it. It’s snowing where I am, no decent place to do it at currently
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. I haven’t had a chance to get to my dads yet- not much room there but pneumatic tools at least. I’ll have to google what sway bar links are I don’t know. Thanks though

·
Registered
62 Posts
You can just jack the car up and take the wheel off. The sway bar links will be visible. There's a few YouTube videos about replacement and it should direct you about location. There is a check to see if it's lower control arm failure but I forget off-hand. My rule of thumb is if one is failing, the other is right behind. Thus, if you have to replace, replace in pairs. Sway bars are fairly easy. LCAs (lower control arms) are more intensive but can be done. I did both LCAs and sway bar links with my buddy's help over the summer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright the weather here is terrible... I will check it out once and if i yet a chance on some ground that isn’t 3” waterlogged. There’s also a continual “clicking/clacking” sound once in a while while driving. It almost sounds like a piece of plastic flapping- idk if it’s CV joints or what, don’t expect you all to diagnose it over a forum through videos. thanks for the help. Will be back to work making 1.5-2.5k a week in April and will just pay for it to be fixed then if I can’t get it figured by then. Lay-off season sucks. I’ll keep posting if I get under the car. Thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts