SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, When turning in car parks my 89 900i makes a simultanious knocking noise like..knock....knock...knock...while the wheels are turned. The knock seems to be coming from the front passenger side and only happens when I'm turning the wheels to the right. This is at low speeds and on tight turning. Though I can hear it, it is not loud........... Any Ideas guys?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
what about a metalic crunch?ie going in reverse and touching the brakes.I know its handbrake but how do I adjust it so it doesnt do that....its only just slighly annoying,especially when tring to impress member of opposite sex or convince them your car is not a Total POS...

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
clicking half shafts

i had similar problem on my first saab, 1984 gl, it only happened on full lock,both ways,my mechanic said dont worry about it,unless its clicking all the time. i had it 3yrs and it never got any worse, so i did not change them??:)

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Gearhead:

It's not the hand break that is the problem. If your car is the 87, 900 then the calipers are wore out. I have welded up the aria that is wore out and filed down the weld so that I would have the proper clearance between the brake housing and the yoke. The part that gets welded up is the yoke and the clearance between the two parts is supposed to be .006 to .012 or in metric, (0.15 to 0.30mm). Or just get new calipers and be done with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts