SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I barely rearended a SUV but it appears the damage is more than I originally thought. Point of hit was center of the grill

Can you help?

I am in Ft Lauderdale. My now retired Saab mechanic does not know of any shop that has experience with Saab body work

Sigh, I have 5 pics but can only get one to load.(when computer was upgraded I lost my previous photshop capabilities

There appears to be a horizontal bar behind the rivets that is pushed in causing the drivers headlight to be recessed from original position

1586004745744.jpeg

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Well, the photo is not that great but from what I can see you are going to need
  • front bumper cover
  • all three front grille inserts
  • probably the left headlight, looks like it is pushed in and the plastic mounting tabs are probably broken
  • maybe the right headlight, same reason
  • at least one cover for the headlight squirters
  • a bunch of plastic rivets that hold the top of hte bumper cover on
Now, once you get inside you might find more, but that's a start. Mounting points for stuff could be bent as well.

Goldwing Saab is usually a good source, although if you can find it local it will save a high shipping cost for the bumper cover since those are big. Bonus points if you can find one that is the same color in a junkyard

The good news is that if you replace the headlights you can drive it safely until you find one.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Your definetly going to need a new bumper cover support bracket (its actually the bumper.. the plastic "front end" is called a bumper cover). Do you have any mechanical ability to remove the front bumper cover?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts