SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the first several miles of a start from cold, when the front end hits a minor bump it sounds as if something is scraping on the pavement. Nothing is dragging and I cannot replicate it by manually bouncing at a front corner. My '99 9-3 has about 68k miles. Your thoughts will be appriciated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nothing can really be done. It was around zero Fahrenheit today, and my car creaked on the bigger bumps for a 95 mile freeway trip.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Allow me to reply because I finally got it fixed on my convertible. Long long story, but I basically gave the dealer an earfull the last time he looked at my wifes' car to fix a noise when turning right. He replaced a spring for $225 and it did not fix the noise. I went OFF on the owner like I never have before. I then mentioned how he has also looked at my cold creak issue twice and never been able to fix it.

He fixed the turning right noise AND the cold creak issue for free, as well as a few other free things.

Apparently you just need to grease the front sway bar with the CORRECT type of grease. I was unable to get out of him what type it is, sadly. But my wifes convetible is FINALLY quiet even today when it is 9 degrees.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts