SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some "work" done in pshop.

Anyone seen a color-matched grill like this (not a fan of the did-it-at-homedepot mesh look) or seen a front badge shaved?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i would vote against this look....my personal preference.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't see any point in "shaving" the badge. I actually think that SAAB could use a more pronounced badge. ixnay on the color-coded grille as well.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so it seems that nobody likes the painted grille - how about one with the "wingspan" or whatever removed and altered so it was just black slats.... would look like this

·
Registered
811 Posts
Not doing anything for me. I like the front end stock or perhaps the mesh grill, but not a fan of removing the badge or the SAAB on the grill. The "wingspan" is the best part of the grill IMO....

Drew

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
KjT817 said:
so it seems that nobody likes the painted grille - how about one with the "wingspan" or whatever removed and altered so it was just black slats....
Blasphamy,:nono; the Saab purists will string you up for sugesting such a thing. The "wingspan" is just that, a pair of wings and represents Saab's aviation history. Any front end mod should allow for the keeping of the wings in their intended position.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Best thing I've seen is paint the chrome trim around the grill body color and then go with a dark mesh grill with the Saab emblem still exposed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts