SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Crutchfield is the site you want to look at to see if it fits. Then just look it up on the internet to find it somewhere cheaper. They had a 2004-5 9-3 in their install reference guide. Crutchfield actually disassembles a car to make sure things fit. They won't have the actual connectors anymore but make sure you don't just twist the wires and heatshrink 'em. That affect the ohm resistance. Solder wires to have a good path for the electricity to go. The infinity reference speakers are a good choice. I have them in my doors and they sound alot better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hello everyone I found the issue, it was my amp as soon as i replaced it bass came right back but the aftermarket 5.25s still suck lol

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9.3 Aero,2.8 Turbo V6, Conv.
15 Posts
Crutchfield is the site you want to look at to see if it fits. Then just look it up on the internet to find it somewhere cheaper. They had a 2004-5 9-3 in their install reference guide. Crutchfield actually disassembles a car to make sure things fit. They won't have the actual connectors anymore but make sure you don't just twist the wires and heatshrink 'em. That affect the ohm resistance. Solder wires to have a good path for the electricity to go. The infinity reference speakers are a good choice. I have them in my doors and they sound alot better.
Crutchfield is an excellent source for audio gear and they’re technicians will help you troubleshoot problems with installation. Any equipment you buy for your vehicle will include all necessary adapters, pigtail, and detailed install instructions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Crutchfield is an excellent source for audio gear and they’re technicians will help you troubleshoot problems with installation. Any equipment you buy for your vehicle will include all necessary adapters, pigtail, and detailed install instructions.
Though I’ve noticed lately they are out of stock on several items.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We(SC) know the audio systems on the 9-3 better than anyone...
Noted. Wasn’t trying to step on any toes or offend anyone.

I know I’m relatively new to SAAB, but please don’t assume that you know my level of intelligence, experience, or expertise. I merely ask that you extend the same courtesy as I do.

I’ve done extensive research on my SAAB. I had an idea what to expect from my SAAB. As I indicated in my “member introduction” I test drove, inspected and researched my sons 2007 93 Aero sedan (Salon? I know my Convertible is also referred to as a Cabrio) I did this for him before he bought it 5 years ago. He asked me to do it because he knew he could trust my assessment. By the way, he is thrilled with it.

I’ve reviewed Recalls, production statistics, trim packages, TSB’s (which do list numerous issues with the Audio system, GPS, ONSTAR, and every other system on the SAAB 93 and 95 models). There have been numerous items/issues, in various categories logged with the NTSB in the United States. The reviews I’ve read are decent though the SAAB 93 and 95 models are said to have several quirks,

Though I haven’t gotten into the internal electronics of the audio system. I know my son has a factory Bose without NAV, mine is not Bose but has NAV. I also know that it is nearly identical (slight differences to the appearance) to the GM audio/NAV system in the GM lineup of vehicles for our year models which I would imagine goes from at least 2003-2014 (though GM did acquire SAAB in 1989). I did own a GMC Yukon Denali with a nearly identical Bose w/NAV. I know replacing the speakers required an adapter when replacing Bose with non-Bose. I also know that if you replace the head unit the Amp has to be wired into the “switched/ignition” power wire in the new head unit harness or the rear speakers won’t work, in some cases an additional adapter is required to step the power down from 12 volts to 5 volts to eliminate a “pop” when powering the head unit up. And the DVD driven NAV can be a bit cantankerous at times (all from personal experience).

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
That said, Crutchfield's support of the 9-3SS/SC is not very good - they only sell the adapters, etc. that they want to, and the ones they have for the 9-3SS/SC are not the best ones. Actually, I ran into the same problem with my Solstice - after using Crutchfield's parts and losing my turn signals & door chimes, folks on the Solstice forum pointed to better hardware and I got them back. I would take Aerojon's advice to heart - if you are looking to upgrade stereo on a 9440, this forum has that dialed in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That said, Crutchfield's support of the 9-3SS/SC is not very good - they only sell the adapters, etc. that they want to, and the ones they have for the 9-3SS/SC are not the best ones. Actually, I ran into the same problem with my Solstice - after using Crutchfield's parts and losing my turn signals & door chimes, folks on the Solstice forum pointed to better hardware and I got them back. I would take Aerojon's advice to heart - if you are looking to upgrade stereo on a 9440, this forum has that dialed in.
Thanks,
I agree as to Crutchfield’s selection for SAAB, I wasn’t looking to replace my factory system. I’m perfectly happy with it.

I was taken back by what “I perceived” as a somewhat condescending remark. But then I spent 20 years as a Physician Assistant and worked as an advocate for patient’s at my clinic, so... I would have addressed it differently. No matter, no worries!

I have a “Parrot” Bluetooth unit hooked to the factory system (came in the car when I bought it), not terribly thrilled with the Parrots capabilities though it does sync with my iPhones and works well for hands free calls. My NAV is somewhat cantankerous, more frequently than I like it gives me a DVD read error. I’m going to clean the optical reader hoping that will correct the issue.

Thanks again for your comments.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts