SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Like these better but $$$. Might need to modify speaker basket too.

Thanks bud any idea when it becomes available again?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I can sell 12762493 speakers at 35 EUR/PC (shipping and fees not include).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks everyone and I will look into you're offer too mimmi if i have issues with the infinities.

·
Super Moderator
9,375 Posts
stock amp has pityful rms,so can't really drive the non oe speakers,i've upgraded all my speakers in my 9-3 apart from the doors as they are pretty good imo.. i matched the speakers to the amp rms output..

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
Mine went pfft pffft pfft with any bass and reasonable volume from day one. Swapping these out was like a revelation. I just wish I had never modified the baskets because water started to get in and rusted them out. These shallow magnet speakers will drop right in.

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
yes

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
low db

every 3db=double volume

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
Why not try a junkyard? Local ones here sell speakers for $5 apiece if you pull them. You will for sure get the right ones for the car. If the surround isn't gone, there's no water damage, and the voicecoil doesn't rub when you move the cone back and forth, they are probably good. You can use an ohmmeter, as as long as there is continuity, the coil will be good.

In my experience with NG900, 9-5, and NG9-3, the dash speakers are the only ones I'd replace for better sound.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Why not try a junkyard? Local ones here sell speakers for $5 apiece if you pull them. You will for sure get the right ones for the car. If the surround isn't gone, there's no water damage, and the voicecoil doesn't rub when you move the cone back and forth, they are probably good. You can use an ohmmeter, as as long as there is continuity, the coil will be good.

In my experience with NG900, 9-5, and NG9-3, the dash speakers are the only ones I'd replace for better sound.
Yeah I'll consider that but my local junkyards only got 03 and 04 93s. I heard those have fibre optic based systems.

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
Yeah I'll consider that but my local junkyards only got 03 and 04 93s. I heard those have fibre optic based systems.
Fibre optics are between components like amps. Speakers are same old things with two electrical connectors. Whether there might be a bit of a change between an '04 and '07 door speaker I can't say. I'd be pretty sure that they would be similar and would fit and hook up properly. You can always take a picture of your old door speakers for reference.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts