SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All ----

First, let me say that I am not really a Car Audiophile. I know what sounds good and what doesn't and clearly as many have discussed the stock speakers in the 9-3 leave much to be desired.

Therefore, I have spent many hours today (more than I am care to admit :)) reading the stereo/speaker threads including (all of) the "Damn Stereo" thread. This, in an attempt to determine what speakers to purchase to replace my stock front L/R Dash speakers. I have narrowed it down to the BA FX3 and the Infinity Kappas, but I can't seem to pick one over the other:cry:.

Given that I probably won't be able to hear a side by side comparision, I am in need of some assistance. If anyone who owns either of these, has heard them, or has an opinion about them would be so kind as to share their thoughts, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for any and all replies.

-AZL

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I've got the BA and they seem fine. I'm sure the Infinity's are nice as well. Both have been installed by people on this forum.

Are you replacing the door speakers?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I have the Infinity Reference speakers (not the Kappas), They are much better than stock (what wouldn't be) but can appear very bright and harsh at times. If you are upgrading the whole system, then I don't think is such a problem as the rest of the system upgrades tend to accommodate the sharper sounds (in my case at least) however if you are just replacing the frontr pair, I would try and audition a pair of Infinity's before investing time and money.

The Boston Acoustics seem a very popular choice on here and I don't think I have read a bad thing about them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cosmicflash said:
.........Are you replacing the door speakers?
Based upon what I have read with the whole 2 ohm/4ohm issue, I wasn't planning on it. It seems that just changing out the 2 dash speakers will make a noticeable difference.

Thanks for the help and insight.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
93t said:
I have installed the Infinity Kappa in the front left, right and rear left and right.. sounds perfect even if the front 3.5" Kappa is a VERY tight fit..
Thanks. Someone posted an issue with their fuel gauge being off as a result of the magnets from their Clarions. Any issue with these?

Thanks for the help and insight.

·
Registered
65 Posts
the replacement of these don't require an additional amp, but are there other parts which need to be purchased or is it basically plug and play? (or do i need to soldier)?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wwlamkin said:
the replacement of these don't require an additional amp, but are there other parts which need to be purchased or is it basically plug and play? (or do i need to soldier)?
Check out this thread for step by step instructions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts