SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front bumper bottom lip on a 99 Viggen is pretty torn up , as we know these are pretty rare to come across .
I have a vague recollection that the 9-3 Aero of the same years used the identical part.
Can anyone confirm this for me ?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
The Aero didn't get the Viggen's front bumper until 2001, from the looks of it. You can still get the front bumper from Saab, but it's pretty expensive, almost $1000 USD at the moment.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Aero didn't get the Viggen's front bumper until 2001, from the looks of it. You can still get the front bumper from Saab, but it's pretty expensive, almost $1000 USD at the moment.
Thanks Jeremy , that is promising , the donor car is a 2001 Aero so I may be in luck . At this stage I dont know how good or bad condition it is in , but it might be a better base to refurb.
Yes I have seen them new at around $1000 USD, with $ conversions and freight that sets back closer to 2 G in AUD , would be nice to do but cannot justify that spend.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Make sure you get the black plastic mounts that attach the bumper to the fenders. They are different. Also get the under shields - they are also unique. You can run without the shileds but it's better with them. If you can get all the Viggen bits at a good price, I'd go for it.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bob , Yeah , it will be a case of the whole car or nothing at all , its a salavage auction from a place that clears Insurance write offs , so will all depend on how many interested parties. I am in a position to collect and store non drivers , ( car trailer and space ) From my experience with this auction house you cannot pre inspect , so there is every possibily of buying junk . very limited pictures or information to base any deatiled assessment .
I have got lucky in the past , purchased a 9-3 5 door from them for $100 , that donated a decent motor (B204) into a 9-3 vert (B205) that had terminal issues from sludge . Ended up with the hybrid 204 bottom end 205 head , along with countless other bits n pieces. It kept an other wise nice car from becoming more baked bean cans...
I actually expect this aero is being salavged due to sludge ( and a badly ripped soft top , perhaps vandalised)
Will watch with intent.
Make sure you get the black plastic mounts that attach the bumper to the fenders. They are different. Also get the under shields - they are also unique. You can run without the shileds but it's better with them. If you can get all the Viggen bits at a good price, I'd go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts