SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Viggen IC and in order to do that I had to remove the bumper. It all went back together very easily. BUT I now have about a 3/16" larger gap between the top of the bumper skin and the bottom of the corner markers. Also a bit larger gap by where the bumper skin meets part of the bottom of the fender. The bumper all seemed to 'pop' back in place ok, but it's not the same any more;oops: . Is there something I missed??? Is there a trick to get it to align like it was originally?
Thanks!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Because of the new size of intercooler...Does the bumper fit perfectly over the IC? Or is it hitting anywhere. My friend with an S4 just did a IC upgrade on his and now the bumper is a little lower at the same spots you mentioned as well as sticking out the sides a bit...

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not hitting the intercooler... intercooler is same size as the stock one was. The bumper just seems to be sitting 3/16" lower and the resulting gap and top.:(

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
The bumper rail is aligned by the two bolts, but the plastic pumper cover is not. It may have shifted on the rail. Mine was a pain to align right after I took it off, to get a good look at the rusted power steering cooling line and the oil cooler (never touched the IC).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts