SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys i need a front bumper for my 9-5? is any one selling one or know any sites that might sell them?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
How important is price, color, etc.? Brockton Auto in Brockton, MA has a bumper cover for $150.

If you are interested in a new one, there are a few companies that specialize in "remanufactured" bumpers. This basically means that they take bumpers that are typically in good shape from junkyard cars and then sand them down and primer them so that they are ready to paint. I actually did the research on this a couple months ago and bought one for myself after my car went in to a ditch. There is one company in Portland, OR that does it and there is also a company here in Dallas that does it. The cost is ~$250 + $80 for shipping.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool and i just want the scarab green in good condition doesnt have to be the best. ill give it a look because i defintly want to fix my bumper before the summer comes

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
what happened to the one you had on there?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
what happened to the one you had on there?
um its a bit beat up i bought the car like that. it's not really a big deal but when close up you could see the dents. Im going to try to go this autobody shop about 10 mins away from home and going to see how much they'll charge to repair it

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
cool and i just want the scarab green in good condition doesnt have to be the best. ill give it a look because i defintly want to fix my bumper before the summer comes
If you want one that is already green, M&J Auto Recycling in Colchester, CT has two green ones to choose from. No price listed.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Put a wanted add in the classifieds? :confused:

·
Registered
777 Posts
How important is price, color, etc.? Brockton Auto in Brockton, MA has a bumper cover for $150.

If you are interested in a new one, there are a few companies that specialize in "remanufactured" bumpers. This basically means that they take bumpers that are typically in good shape from junkyard cars and then sand them down and primer them so that they are ready to paint. I actually did the research on this a couple months ago and bought one for myself after my car went in to a ditch. There is one company in Portland, OR that does it and there is also a company here in Dallas that does it. The cost is ~$250 + $80 for shipping.
The whole bumper cover for $150? Do you know what year that is for and what condition it is in? The fiberglass on mine is cracking since it is 10 years old and it might be cheaper to by another one and paint it if it needs it. Also what color is it? if it is black that would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
The whole bumper cover for $150? Do you know what year that is for and what condition it is in? The fiberglass on mine is cracking since it is 10 years old and it might be cheaper to by another one and paint it if it needs it. Also what color is it? if it is black that would be awesome.
No color listed. It is an A grade part that lists 1 unit of damage due to "scuffs". Most yards won't even bother listing parts that have structural damage such as big cracks or breaks, so it is probably in decent shape. It is from an '01, but should fit anything from '99-'01 according to the EPC.

EDIT: Ken's Auto Salvage in Kingston, NH (~1 hr from Boston proper) has a black one listed for $250. The only note with it is "minor scuffs".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dont want to hijack your thread but just a thought would a bumper from a 2004 or newer fit on a 1998 without changing wings i know it would need the headlights and side indicators and what a bout the rear would that fit straight on too just something going round in my head as i really would like HIDs and after reading wether they are/not legal and like clear headlights too look much more modern than standard ones with the pattern lines on them :cool:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Dont want to hijack your thread but just a thought would a bumper from a 2004 or newer fit on a 1998 without changing wings i know it would need the headlights and side indicators and what a bout the rear would that fit straight on too just something going round in my head as i really would like HIDs and after reading wether they are/not legal and like clear headlights too look much more modern than standard ones with the pattern lines on them :cool:
Plenty of that info on this forum of that switch, just do a search.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Fitting the new style front bumper requires the new style fenders at the very least. Even if you got all of this done, you would then have to figure out how to work the HID wiring and auto-leveling mechanisms in to the picture. Then you would have to have the the level sensors married to a car that doesn't even know such a thing exists. Sooo.... is it doable? Yes. Will it be an enormous/expensive headache? Most definitely :cheesy:.

As for the rear, there are 4 different styles of bumpers that were fitted to the 9-5 during its production. One was for '98-'01. Then there was '02-'03. Then '04-'05. And of course the '06 and later bumper.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Painted bumper cover ?

Not trying to hijack, but just wondering if anybody has had any experience with one of the parts suppliers here in the "listings" section (USA).

Has anybody ordered a bumper cover from "The Saabsite" and also ordered their paint option? I have a Black 2004 Aero w/headlight sprayers, and I'm considering this route.

I'm just wondering how good it would look and how well it would survive the shipping process.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts