SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
went up on the curb a little too far and this happened ?More of it was falling off, but as you can see it’s being held by some elastic cords. I am not the most car savvy person and would appreciate some guidance on how to go about fixing this issue. Not sure if this could be a DIY fix or I would have to take it to a shop. The bumper is still attached to the car under the hood, it’s just the sides and that plastic thing underneath that came off. I am located in the DFW area. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bumper has to come off to replace headlights. That's why I'm pointing to the headlight removal/installation procedure:

Click on the little LH arrow icons to get pictures.
Hi, I'm a little confused on what you mean, I'm not trying to replace the headlights but rather reattach the bumper. I opened the link and it still kind of confused me. Is this something I can do myself?

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
If you open link, you click arrow(s) and find pics.
Pics shows how-to.

·
Registered
276 Posts
It's all plastic. Of course you can do it yourself. You may have to buy some plastic fasteners as some of yours are probably broken. Amazon has a great selection.
Follow the instruction given above to work through the maintenance procedure. As stated, bumper has to be removed to take out the headlight assembly. That's the reason for the headlight reference.

Not saying you should get this exact kit, just a sample of what's out there...... These are the types of fasteners you'll need.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Hi, I'm a little confused on what you mean, I'm not trying to replace the headlights but rather reattach the bumper. I opened the link and it still kind of confused me. Is this something I can do myself?
The instructions show how to remove the bumper, and how to install it. You can figure out if something has really broken on yours, or if it's simply unclipped. Click the arrows to see pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The instructions show how to remove the bumper, and how to install it. You can figure out if something has really broken on yours, or if it's simply unclipped. Click the arrows to see pictures.
Thank you for the clarification!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's all plastic. Of course you can do it yourself. You may have to buy some plastic fasteners as some of yours are probably broken. Amazon has a great selection.
Follow the instruction given above to work through the maintenance procedure. As stated, bumper has to be removed to take out the headlight assembly. That's the reason for the headlight reference.

Not saying you should get this exact kit, just a sample of what's out there...... These are the types of fasteners you'll need.

I’ll try that, thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts