SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 900 classic. The chrome around the door windows is fine, but the silver frames of the rear window and the windscreen are laminated or something and the silver has become covered in squiggles of green. I am guessing this is corrosion of some kind. Is there any way to get rid of it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I wasn't sure whether or not it was actually chrome under the plastic. Thanks 4 clearing that up. Has anyone else had this trouble?

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
I say "chrome" but I don't think it can be chrome under the plastic. From the look of the corrosion on my car's windscreen strip, I'd say that it's aluminium. Probably similar to the strip that wraps around the front and rear bumpers.

Later cars have a black plastic trim strip around the windscreen. Those don't look as tatty as the metal strips when they deteriorate. You could do a swap, but it wouldn't match the chrome finish on the rest of your car's windows.

You could try peeling away the strip (careful 'cos by now it'll be brittle) and refinish it with a tough black satin paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts