SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it took me a little while to get my BDM working with my t5. Once I got that squared away, finally got a stage two in my ecu took it for the first test drive. I unhooked the MBC, and hooked up the BPC valve. I was frankly underwhelmed. I don't have a boost gauge, but judging by the stock gauge, it boosted up to the red the first few runs, then stayed firmly into the middle of the yellow. Thought it could have been my BPC. I took that computer out and put the one I modified to run a t7 BPC, and hooked up the t7 BPC. That was when I realized I had the C and R lines reversed. Took the car for a drive.

1st was stronger than the stock tune but much more tame than the MBC, once I hit second OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! I watched the gauge peg on the far side of the red and she flew like a bat out of hell!!!!!!!!!!!

The BDM I paid $13 including shipping on was well beyond worth the money for that amount of performance!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hmm, and i feel like my stage 3 aint going anywere, well, i beated exhaust tuned 99 legacy b4 rsk, but but, i need much more.. Going for stage 5 re85, but i think i need hx35 to be satisfied.. Just a warning, you get used to everything..

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I completely agree. That's how the speed bug bites you. Once I get use to the stage 2, I will be saying I need more, now to get to stage 3. I just wasn't expecting an increase to the extent that I got. When I had a MBC I noticed the change, and it was cool, but I wasn't blown away by the extra power like I was with the stage 2.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, now when your on stage 2, when the moment comes that you want more, i think you should skip 3 and 4, and go straight to 5 or 6, i dont think there is much difference on 2, 3 and 4.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
So what did you have to do to go stage two from a Manual MBC ?

Did you need a downpipe? I guess you have to take off the manual BPC and put the stock one back on?

Who did you send your ECU to to get the tune and how much?
Sorry about the questions but I may go the same route.

·
Registered
282 Posts
the nicer thing about a real tune is the drivability,, mbcs surge at partial throttle, and cause ****ty MPG. if you get a canbus and do livetuning you will see all the negative effects to an MBC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts