SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stil ironing out my initial problems.

Drove abourt 200kms last night on freeway-car went beautifully.
This morning I have no clutch - just freeplay on the clutch pedal.
Discovered that the clutch oil shares a tank with the brake fluid and the small resevoir was empty with a small puddle underneath the clutch.

Any easy answers?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
527 Posts
This diagnosis is as good as it gets. The clutch master is gone. The clutch/brake fluid leaked through the seals of the master cylinder onto your carpet!

You can try to rebuild the clutch master for $10 before spending the $100+ on a new one.

I usually rebuild them once and then replace them at the next failure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jefspg said:
This diagnosis is as good as it gets. The clutch master is gone. The clutch/brake fluid leaked through the seals of the master cylinder onto your carpet!

You can try to rebuild the clutch master for $10 before spending the $100+ on a new one.

I usually rebuild them once and then replace them at the next failure.
Spot on jefspg.
I was quoted $220 AUD for the part and 5 hours labour. Is that excessive?
Is it a straightforward job?

·
Registered
13 Posts
where can I get a new clutch pedal from in the uk and what should I expect to pay? also how long would it take to replace clutch pedal and rebuild the master cylinder?

·
Registered
13 Posts
there's a guide to master cylinder rebuild and clutch pedal replacement in the diy pages on this site http://www.twinsaabs.com/ looks simple enough to do i reckon...shall I go for it? bearing in mind i've never worked on a car....have built computers and lots of other stuff tho' so generally ok with tools..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts