SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched and didn't find anything recent, but also wasn't sure where to put this. But great deal for those looking to freshen up their Saab.

Looks like the UK gets it too on their site, but for us in the USA here you go:

http://www.saabparts.com/en-us/usa/offers/part-offers/consumer-offers/

It's the first "offer" called Worn with Pride. Just click Submit Online and away you go!
A new hood badge, free from Saab Parts North America.
Your Saab deserves to look its best for years to come.
To receive your new hood badge register below. It’s quick and easy, and your new badge will be on its way in no time.
Have to be fast though...some info shows it is only available to be submitted until June 30.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Bravo, thanks for posting. Mine has de-laminated long ago, and although it's a shiny polished look now I wouldn't mind having the enamel back on. This time I'll spray some clearcoat to prevent it from happening again.

·
Super Moderator EMERITUS
8,802 Posts
I'm going let mine wear out with dignity. Like growing a beard. Well, like it used to be. Seems the young fellas are sportin' beards left right and centre (<-English spelling) these days.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
I wonder which models are eligible. 9-3SS of course, but what about C900?
The site provides no clarification on that. But given in the application form you need to enter your VIN#, it is quite possible that all SAAB-SCANIA onwards badges are available. Just guessing.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just paid $26.00 for a new one and then found this, well I guess I can keep it for another time, thanks for the find. grm

·
Premium Member
11,182 Posts
Just paid $26.00 for a new one and then found this, well I guess I can keep it for another time, thanks for the find. grm
Yeah, I have brand new one too that I bought as my back-up last year. So now I will have 2 back-ups. OR . . . I can put one in the center of my Captain America shield. Yeah, that's the ticket.

But seriously, I really hate seeing so many Saabs around town that appear to be in fairly nice shape but when you get closer, they have the peeling badge. I understand that it is not a priority for many, but I lament it nonetheless. The emblem of the marque should be displayed proudly, And it is after all, one of the better looking emblems out there.

Up there with Alfa

and the original Lancia

for simplistic beautiful graphic presentation.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
You can put your extra one in front of the shifter.

This is my '93 9000 (RIP) trunk badge, and the shifter cover has since been changed to the Aero silver one.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
The emblem of the marque should be displayed proudly, And it is after all, one of the better looking emblems out there.

Up there with Alfa

and the original Lancia

for simplistic beautiful graphic presentation.
I've always liked the '80s version of the Peugeot badge:

And the more recent Vauxhall badges:

But you want PROUD ...... nothing like a screaming bird spread all over your hood :cool:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Y

But seriously, I really hate seeing so many Saabs around town that appear to be in fairly nice shape but when you get closer, they have the peeling badge.
Mine aren't peeling, just the plastic housing is all weather worn and scratched up and faded.

I bought 2 of the carbon fiber ones off the guy from Portugal on ebay but hesitate putting them on over the OEM badge now since they are just gel stickers and don't have the plastic lense cover.

·
Premium Member
11,182 Posts
Mine aren't peeling, just the plastic housing is all weather worn and scratched up and faded.

I bought 2 of the carbon fiber ones off the guy from Portugal on ebay but hesitate putting them on over the OEM badge now since they are just gel stickers and don't have the plastic lense cover.
I bought some standard logo gel decals from FocusLima too (the guy in Portugal). I used one. It held up for 5 or 6 years. It was still on the car when I parted it out, looking good as new.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I bought some standard logo gel decals from FocusLima too (the guy in Portugal). I used one. It held up for 5 or 6 years. It was still on the car when I parted it out, looking good as new.
I guess you were fine with the squishiness if you pressed on it? Not that I press on my emblems...but it still seemed like it would remind me of a kid's car horn toy at that point.

·
Premium Member
11,182 Posts
I guess you were fine with the squishiness if you pressed on it? Not that I press on my emblems...but it still seemed like it would remind me of a kid's car horn toy at that point.
Yeah. Actually I loved that part. And the dog-toy squeaky sound it made.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts