SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I've had this 93 convertible for 2 weeks now. I had a problem with the clutch only engaging near the very bottom of the pedal travel. Then the clutch completely went out.
I've put a new master cylinder and a known good slave cylinder. I now have a clutch, but...on the test drive I was getting a grind going in to 3rd gear, then all of a sudden I couldn't engage any other gear but 2nd. I limped the car home in second gear. Now that's the only gear that will freely engage. I can kind of get the trans into 3rd if I push VERY hard, but none of the other gears. The trans seems to be frozen up as far as shifting is concerned.
There was some grinding of the gears when getting the car home with no clutch, so I'm thinking I've broken off some teeth or bent some shift forks or some combination thereof.
I guess I'm just venting, I know the next step is to get the trans out and take a look at it. There's a couple of 5 speeds in the local junkyard, an 88 and a 91 I think. I guess I'll go and check out those gearboxes and see if I can't get a replacement.
I didn't really want to be doing a transmission swap 2 weeks into owning this car...but somehow I am still excited to have a Saab convertible. She's white, I'm gonna start calling her the white witch...or something close to that.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
engine mounts?
gearshaft rubber coupler?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts