SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Kind of Fuel Pressure Regulators is everyone running with their upgraded engines? Also what kind of pressure. I was thinking of a 3.7 Bar, but haven't been able to find a saab specific one anywhere. Thanks ~ Dave

·
Registered
919 Posts
Most are running the stock fpr. Nordic is using a 3.5bar for their 'stage 3', but the rest of the tuners (to my knowlege) are using the stock for a 'stage 3'

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
I'm using a 4bar regulator, though it must be remembered this is a lightly tweaked N/A engine; many tuning guys don't actually bother with fuel pressure and just dial in longer open duration of the injectors instead as part of the new chips software. A big risk with upping fuel rail pressure is the injectors whilst closed may not hold shut, allowing flooded starts [won't start even] due to fuel sitting behind the inlet valves.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well THe reason im asking is because im running lean with my new TDO4, and wanted to compensate with a high boost FPR. I'm eventually going to get an ECU, but thats neither here nor there at the moment. So I figured this was the best bet, just put more pressure to the fuel.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
If you have a dyno around, you can tweak the existing FPR by crushing the can a bit to match your needs. This would be a bit of work, but not hard to do.Depends on what kind of tools you have available to you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i have a friend that was running 6bar for 2years on stock 210cc injectors :D

hes a little crazy but first of all all injectors are rated @3bar, but can easily handle 4bar. In fact some stock cars used 3.7bar injectors like old turbo dodge cars for instance. I ran 3.5bar for years on my VW with no problems with 440cc injectors. I ran them @ 75%duty as well so they were pushed hard.

try a 3.5bar its easy, or crush like was mentioned many people do that, btw porsche makes a 3.3bar bosch regluator im not sure if it will fit but you can check if you just want to raise slightly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts