SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Lou's custom exhaust today to have then give me a price for doing a 3 in flex and cat converter. it could cost about $540 but thats not the problem I found out that it was a bolt on the downpipe connecting it to the turbo that got cut. It going to run me about $150 to take it out to get that cut bolt out and to put in a new one. Just my day huh?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Told ya the exhaust was blowin :p

·
Registered
579 Posts
yo bud, what did you think of the work Lou's did on your exhaust? You have a custom one from them, right? I'm trying to figure out which route to go...ie, do it local like at Lou's or just order the CTI 3", etc.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ron22 said:
yo bud, what did you think of the work Lou's did on your exhaust? You have a custom one from them, right? I'm trying to figure out which route to go...ie, do it local like at Lou's or just order the CTI 3", etc.
I live my exhaust man. I had them install a twin tip muffler and turbo pack resonator and it's been great. people say that it's a little too loud for a saab for still. I mean If you want you could order if and Have them install it for next to nothing. but I found it cheaper to have them just do what they do best man. The twin tip fits the cutout of the car perfectly. They are charging me about $540 for a 3 inch flex and cat converter which I dont find bad and that with installation. so definately check them out.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
They are charging me about $540 for a 3 inch flex and cat converter which I dont find bad and that with installation. so definately check them out.
That sounds like robbery if you can get the GS downpipe for that much. It's 3" all the way through instead of just replacing the stock parts... or are they fabbing you a complete downpipe as well?

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Sounds like the $540 was for a complete system from the downpipe back... not bad really. DP alone is about that much isn't it?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Downpipe as well ofcourse. That's the whole point of me going down to there shop and having them check it. It start with the downpipe and then the cat and flex pipe

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
So you scored a complete turbo back system (downpipe, cat, flex, muffler, tailpipe) for $540 installed?! Amazing deal, about half what you'd pay normally. Good job!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow dude I aalready had them do my muffler and resonator a long time ago. I just wanted to finish the rest. downpipe flexpipe and cat converter

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
stipud said:
Ok, so the $540 is for the downpipe, cat and flexpipe? Basically, this:
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_53&products_id=407

The $540 is not including the cost of welding on the resonator and muffler to your existing stock catback?
This is including Welding and everything. So pretty much it's the 3inch downpipe with the flexpipe. I think they are going to remove on of my cat converters seeing that there is like 2 of them and do the installation all for $540

1 - 13 of 13 Posts