SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old key fob shells..

Found them on ebay as you do.. the 4 button shells with or without the blank key. Not bad at $30 a pop or getting a deal on 10..
Problem is my PR in the country isnt processed yet so cant do the credit card, secondly my paypal is messed up and dont want to have to set up a new email etc just to get them (lame excuse I know :lol:) But should anyone be wanting to get some, and the freight and duties are a concern, I'd be more than happy to use my UPS account and take care of that ;ol;..
Or has anyone already bought some and got one to sell?

Cheers all

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got one of those

Yeah I bought one of those key fob shells off e-bay for $30 bucks so I'm thinking you were looking at the same one. This shell is just that and what they dont tell you on the listing is the shell is made out of a hard plastic even for the buttons. This renders the usage of those four buttons useless (But the buttons may work for you as im a weakling and can push the buttons myself.) Now if thats not an issue for you i'll be more than happy to sell you the shell I purchased. I never even tried to use it. Once I opened it I decided not to bother with it and i'm still using my slimy old key.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeah I bought one of those key fob shells off e-bay for $30 bucks so I'm thinking you were looking at the same one. This shell is just that and what they dont tell you on the listing is the shell is made out of a hard plastic even for the buttons. This renders the usage of those four buttons useless (But the buttons may work for you as im a weakling and can push the buttons myself.) Now if thats not an issue for you i'll be more than happy to sell you the shell I purchased. I never even tried to use it. Once I opened it I decided not to bother with it and i'm still using my slimy old key.
I bought the harder key fob shells and yes they are harder to press I have started to use the knuckle on my thumb for the trunk (the hardest button I have) at least no accidental opening of the trunk (some other thread a guy was complaining about accidentally triggering a trunk open all the time and wanted to disable his trunk :eek: )

Anyway, pretend your hitch hiking and bend the thumb as much as you can and then press the button you want to activate. I know not perfect but I had enough of the gummy key stains on my pants.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Just a note, there's a few sellers with slight differences in the Shells... you guys should identify the seller. I'm waiting on a remote from Furman Saab.. he's been getting good reviews so far but he's in the Ukraine and shipping is weeks.

100% positive feedback on him

1 - 4 of 4 Posts