SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In getting the black viggen tuned I forgot to post the dyno numbers from Moms Aero Automatic B207R. No video from the green car dyno time. I did get a new one since then so will be in HD next time.

I lost the stock run from this car when the dyno laptop was stolen. :evil: I got hung up on the fact that we didn't gain much on the stg3 as far as HP goes. Then remembered how much more it made on the nordic software up top.

We have been running this stg1 for nearly two years on all sorts of fuel from 94 here to 87 that I wouldn't put in the truck. ;) But this explains why the nordic would outrun the BSR on the dragstrip. 4600rpm up is quite a bit stronger.

Had some runs up into the 310whl tq range but they were a bit much so we backed it down a bit to this. The stock intercooler is not enough. We also had to change to new coils once we upped the cylinder pressure. It didn't make a difference at stg1 oddly enough.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Damn Nick thats a lot of torque for an auto. Think it's safe? When are you mounting a new intercooler? I'd love to see some pics of how you fit and attach it.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
I think paco meant is it actually whp, just a mis pronunciation

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What mods do you have on here besides the software? and do you have any problems with "coughs" when accelerating.
ECU software and Downpipe with Cat. Thats all. Catback would help with the high rpm torque raising the horsepower a little bit. Not sure what sparkplugs are in it. Probably NGK BCPr7es, might be 6 platinums. It does cut power decently during WOT upshifts to keep all the parts inside.

Not sure what you mean by cough. Airmass cut or misfire?

There are some odd clicking noises in 1s at full throttle as tcs tries its best to keep from killing the all season tires. :cheesy: With tcs off it is gone. If it gets dried out next week I will get some videos of it.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are a couple videos that we had of the Auto at the dragstrip. Back in -08 when we tuned it.. Been running great ever since.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSHA09-0O0

Detroitsaab hope you can work with your tuner and he gets the software sorted out on your car.. This one certainly doesn't cough.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Nick,

what tune are you running? What can I expect from mine (08 2.0) with your DP, BSR dual catback, FMIC and this tune?

Are we looking close to the BSR of 268 BHP?

Thanks

In getting the black viggen tuned I forgot to post the dyno numbers from Moms Aero Automatic B207R. No video from the green car dyno time. I did get a new one since then so will be in HD next time.

I lost the stock run from this car when the dyno laptop was stolen. :evil: I got hung up on the fact that we didn't gain much on the stg3 as far as HP goes. Then remembered how much more it made on the nordic software up top.

We have been running this stg1 for nearly two years on all sorts of fuel from 94 here to 87 that I wouldn't put in the truck. ;) But this explains why the nordic would outrun the BSR on the dragstrip. 4600rpm up is quite a bit stronger.

Had some runs up into the 310whl tq range but they were a bit much so we backed it down a bit to this. The stock intercooler is not enough. We also had to change to new coils once we upped the cylinder pressure. It didn't make a difference at stg1 oddly enough.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
He's running the Nordic Stage 3 tune as indicated by the dyno graph. Go to his site for information. Genuinesaab.com

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
DUHHHH!

That answers that question, just wondering about the rest. How does Nordic compare to JZW?

He's running the Nordic Stage 3 tune as indicated by the dyno graph. Go to his site for information. Genuinesaab.com

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DUHHHH!

That answers that question, just wondering about the rest. How does Nordic compare to ...
Nordic has been tuning these cars for years. Been running this green car stage one tune for almost 2 years. More before that but Mom was the only one with a stock car that day and Rolf loaded a stg1 on the way to the dragstrip. ;) We are celebrating 20 years in business this July. I encourage you to look at street view on Google with the addresses. :lol:

fixed the video.. I always forget the new quicktime upload it has a checkbox like Imovie but you have to uncheck it in QT and check agree in Imovie.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts