SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have recently finished rebuilding the turbo in my 900, and some how have misplaced the wastegate :roll: (I'm stupid). I was wondering, would it be ok to run the upgraded Forge one if I just had a MBC+A, or should I try to find a stock one at a junk yard? The reason I ask is because on GS it says that it’s for stage 3 and above cars, so idk.

EDIT: I pan on doing a stage 3 at some point, but not until I have money to do a performance clutch at the same time. If it matters or not.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
It wont blow up your car immediately, but your base boost will be higher (fun, but potentially dangerous i think but not 100% sure). I would try to find one in a junk yard first. You can fit it for the time being and just not run the piss out of it and keep boost low.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
It will work fine but you will have to reset your MBC+A to a lower setting to stop you hitting the fuel cut.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
It wont blow the car up. I have had a forge on a stock softwared car for years now. At the stupid pounding I give my car with a T7 DI its still running great. It helps deter boost tapper too.:cool:

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
Yea, you can run one. Like said before you will run a little higher boost. No worse than a MBC on your car. Do turn the MBC down a bit. I've benn running this setup for close to a year,

·
Registered
23 Posts
i had mine on my car and everything worked great stock and then i had a stage 3 ecu in and i needed it so if you plan on going to stage 3 it might be worth it. (plus its shinny)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JONNY72888 2nd said:
i had mine on my car and everything worked great stock and then i had a stage 3 ecu in and i needed it so if you plan on going to stage 3 it might be worth it. (plus its shinny)
I've sent you a pm. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts