SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a Forge recirc bov but they have a few on their web site.

FMCL007P and FMDV006 while eP is selling a FMDV007P. partsforsaabs has FMDVS006 and VFMDVS007P. Pretty confusing. Im sure they are all good, but which one should I go for? Are they any North American retailers?

Thanks!;)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Check out this thread. I did not one that made the dumping/popping noise so I got the Forge FMDVS007PA and am very happy with it. Bear in mind that depending on how your car is tuned the standard spring they supply with it may not be correct and you will have to get another harder/softer from Forge. Better still if possible buy the item complete with a set of springs so you can experiment.

·
Registered
528 Posts
This is the one I purchased. I bought the kit one that had everything. 32MM or 25MM adapters, It also came with the dual piston parts to make it a Atmos vent BOV Not cheap at 230.00USD but well worth the money.

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0006&product=FMDVRSR

The thing is awesome and is fully adjustable with a simple turn of a knob. Seems all of Forges stuff is really well made. I previously has a TurboXS BOV and the thing was a piece of crap compared with the Forge unit.

The forge unit is fully o-ringed in the right places and I opted for the black anodized as I believe the finish hold up better. NO, I am not a dealer nor do I own stock in the company.

I just really respect a well made product. And the BOV I recieved from them is top notch.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pap said:
I want to buy a Forge recirc bov but they have a few on their web site.

FMCL007P and FMDV006 while eP is selling a FMDV007P. partsforsaabs has FMDVS006 and VFMDVS007P. Pretty confusing. Im sure they are all good, but which one should I go for? Are they any North American retailers?

Thanks!;)
All three of those 007 part numbers that you posted are the same thing. The two 006 are identical to each other. They are our original replacement for the Bosch 25mm valves, the 007 is a smaller redesign that replaced it.

Dealers.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts

that's the one I ended up getting..... fit perfectly in the stock location. and sounds cooler.. hoooot hooooot hoot

Extremely well made.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks nbell for the tips. I'll definetly want to get the spring set.

DanF, is your Forge unit an atmospheric valve?

Patty, you are of great help, thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pap said:
Thanks nbell for the tips. I'll definetly want to get the spring set.

Patty, you are of great help, thanks.
Regarding the spring set, for the past year or two all of the 007s and 006s include a partial spring set. Includes springs rated from 5-30psi.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
somebody works for Forge me thinks :roll:

G__________________
How did you figure that one out:lol: V usefull having onboard product advice, especially when there are so may Saabers who invest in Forge products.

Not many tuning companies give such good before-after purchase advice.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
No difference at all. The atmospeheric just sounds really good, if you like that sort of thing. You're also guaranteed not to have any issues with a recirc, whereas some people have trouble with stalling using an atmospheric.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Pap said:
Is there a big difference in performance having a recirc valve vursus an atmospheric unit?

MY OPINION IS YES TURBO SPOOL UP IS MUCH FASTER WITH AN ATMOSPHERIC DUMP VALVE BUT IT NEEDS TO BE A TWIN PISTON TYPE

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
boxman said:
MY OPINION IS YES TURBO SPOOL UP IS MUCH FASTER WITH AN ATMOSPHERIC DUMP VALVE BUT IT NEEDS TO BE A TWIN PISTON TYPE
There must be something up with mine then.

Why would the Forge Recric valve not work as well as the atmospheric? I thought the only difference was it dumped into the intake rather than to atmosphere.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Pap said:
That's a negative. My Forge recirculates, but it sounds much nicer than stock.

One would think that an atmospheric dump would create more lag, because there wouldn't be the recirculated air ready to get , uhhh.. , intaken into the intake. You'd lose air. (there you go)

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
DanF. said:
That's a negative. My Forge recirculates, but it sounds much nicer than stock.

One would think that an atmospheric dump would create more lag, because there wouldn't be the recirculated air ready to get , uhhh.. , intaken into the intake. You'd lose air. (there you go)
Well, if there was any effect that's what I would have thought as well. I've not suffered stalling but there's sometimes a wee hesitation under high boost gear changes. Quicker, never mind, MUCH QUICKER spool up is certainly not something I've experienced though.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the feedback.

warning: potential noob questions.

GenuineSAAB has the 004A @ $117.00. It's an atmospheric valve for T5 cars only. What is a T5 car? In addition, is this valve safe for cars with an AMM? They say the 004 is not recomended for cars with AMM, so I'd imagine this is true with the 004A aswell.

I understand that both the 006 and the 007 are recirculation valves with single piston but the 007 has a shorter outlet to aid clerance. Is that the only difference?

Dan, which unit do you have?

Albert Trout said:
Well, if there was any effect that's what I would have thought as well. I've not suffered stalling but there's sometimes a wee hesitation under high boost gear changes. Quicker, never mind, MUCH QUICKER spool up is certainly not something I've experienced though.
So you'd suggest getting a recirculation valve?

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
T5's an NG900, it's the engine management system. You're looking for one suitable for car's with an AMM, although with recirc you shouldn't have any problems as the metered air's being returned to the intake anyway.

Some people have had issues with atmospherics, so unless you really want the big "pppssssssccchhhh" then I would just go with a recirculating one. Again, Boxman says you'll get quicker spool up with an atmos but that isn't my experience.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Just to fill in the gaps, T5 ECU uses manifold pressure and inlet air temp to govern how much fuel to inject, as it does not measure air mass (aka c900 T16 & T7 ECU) they don't get tripped out by dumping charge to atmospehere, i thought you could use a twin piston atmos dump valve with AMM? Single piston valve will remain open while there is a vacuum behind the throttle plate, which trips out the car as air which has passed through the AMM and hs been metered is let out of the system.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Pap said:
Dan, which unit do you have?

I have the 007PA. Clicky here. I like it. Straightforward install. It came with 3 springs for different levels of boost. I'm using the spring for the higher boost.. green i think.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts