SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically my stock bpv was leaking confirmed via smoke test my symptoms were very noticeable surging from 4k rpm to redline basically at wot. My local performance shop did the smoke check and they said either the surging was due to boost leaking out of the valve or the piping from the intercooler to the throttle body was collapsing due to the fact that it was very easy to squeeze and cave in no leaks there however. I purchased a forge due to the fact that the stock bpv doesn't come with gaskets and is just metal to metal. I installed the new bpv with the nipple facing away from the block so the line wouldn't kink. Is there any way to actually install this correctly because the surging is still there. I recently replaced a coil that was causing a misfire could a higher rpm surge be caused by coils that are on there way out? Recently replaced plugs as well. Any help or if anyone has pictures of how there forge bpv was installed it would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
the top half rotates, so you can "clock" it to make the nipple point whatever way is best to avoid kinks. The important part is to make sure the "C" shaped cutout on the base of the BPV aligns with the cutout on the turbo so air can flow through. This can be confusing as heck, so double check that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts