SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched, but nothing had any refference to my question... with the Forge BOV, does it make a louder "KSH" sound or more of a whistle sound? id like a bov for my 9-5 aero that was a whistle more than a "KSH" just wondering, cuz i'll be getting one here soon, as i suspect my diaphram is split in my stock bov

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
You can't run a blow-off valve on a 9-5. Engine management wont allow it. Best you can get is a Forge diverter valve and open intake in terms of sound.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
With the forge diverter, it seems like the sound is much more crisp... (thats coming from a bad bosch valve)....but not really any louder. And it is a "ksh" sound that it makes.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
mt.aero said:
With the forge diverter, it seems like the sound is much more crisp... (thats coming from a bad bosch valve)....but not really any louder. And it is a "ksh" sound that it makes.
Agree with mt.aero on this one. It's much sharper and crisp when it dumps even compared to a good bosch valve. I have mastered the utterly ridiculous (yet contagious) ricer-like practice of revving /shifting at just the right moment for maximum blow-off sound. :cheesy: When done properly this will scare away children, old ladies, small animals, and ironically enough every lowered civic and rsx type-s in the area.

*Disclaimer: this does NOT work against S4's, M3's, AMG's or the like. Exercise caution when performing.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
j006 said:
I have mastered the utterly ridiculous (yet contagious) ricer-like practice of revving /shifting at just the right moment for maximum blow-off sound. :cheesy:

*Disclaimer: this does NOT work against S4's, M3's, AMG's or the like. Exercise caution when performing.
I do the same thing. It sounds especially loud when you dump it while going through an underpass. :cheesy:

And youre right....There is an AMG guy in town who just smiles at me when I do it....I still think I can take him!! :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
312 Posts
LOL that depends on what AMG vertion he has...I can think of a couple of amg vertions that an aero will struggle to keep up with.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Doesn't Mt.Aero have the specially tuned track 9-5 or am I confusing him with someone else??

·
Registered
803 Posts
It really is juvenile and ricer-like, but honestly, can anyone REALLY hate on that sound?:cheesy:
It's fun to toy with the ricer kids sometimes. Give it half, or even quarter throttle and let them stay a fender length in front for a little bit, then give it some gas and wave as you go by.

·
Registered
473 Posts
lol i had a 04 vw gti 1.8t modded to high h3ll ... and all i had was a forge 007 dv no bov :-D and mine is loud and clear! i had so much work done ... i used to have a laugh attack with it some lil rsx type s with a turbo mod come and try me .. uh uh bye bye lol i had it to 170 mph once ... very fun :p

·
Registered
263 Posts
i am still yet to meet someone who dislikes the sound. the other day there were three kids walking on the side of the road and i made it blow off really loud. one of them screamed and all three jumped.
it made me feel good lol

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
9-5Aero22 said:
i am still yet to meet someone who dislikes the sound.
Next time you are over here pop in and meet the wife :roll:

She hates it :x

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
9-5Aero22 said:
i am still yet to meet someone who dislikes the sound. the other day there were three kids walking on the side of the road and i made it blow off really loud. one of them screamed and all three jumped.
it made me feel good lol
Shame on you :)

I often wonder how loud my Forge sounded OUTSIDE of the car. I have the exact open intake + Forge mod as all the wanna be ricers here (lol). I can hear it quite loudly in the car, maybe people around this part are all deaf, but not many raised an eye brow.

Shame most the ricers here are Vauxhall Corsas and Fiat Puntos with shocking bumps and fart cans, and not worth scaring much. As for S4, I have a 1:0 score. There's not enough around for repeated battles.

P.S. My favorite partners are 330Ci and VW Corrados.

P.S.S. The loudest dump in my area was from a Nissan Sunny.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts