SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my eye on this for a while; payday; got it.

A few notes:

1. The head is a perfect fit, but the arm isn't. It needed rotating to the correct place to get it in line with the actuator arm. Also needed a slight tweak in the vice to get it right.

2. The turnbuckle has about a 6mm hole in it. The actuator is about 7.5mm in diameter. No problem to drill it though.

3. The row of screws holding the actuator halves together can't be done too tight or they start to squash the diaphragm/seal. They were pretty loose and weren't loctited, so that was done.

4. The preload was set to 3mm, which gives about 0.5Bar base boost on the weakest green spring.

Battery off for a reset at the moment before I put the solenoid connector back on.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I probably should have guessed this - but absolutely no change in performance at all.

Don't know if there is any advantage in raising the base boost slightly (with BSR stage1). Stage1 runs about 1~1.1 Bar. Presently I've got 0.5Bar base boost. Anybody any comments on that?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Blaque__Out currently put on on his car with a Stg 3 nordic instead of cutting open the stock wastegate and putting in the upgraded spring. We noticed the same problems that you cam across as well but it did do alot for performance. We put the yellow spring in and then he has since tuned it a little by putting more tension on the wastegate by shortening the rod length. He went from max boost of 16-17psi to know he will see 20-23psi.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mark. What did Blaque_Out set his base boost to with that combo?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I did trial and error, until i reached optimum boost. Being that its a new actuator, it didn't come preset.

Night and day difference for me. Yellow spring holds the boost very well.

Its an ingenius device i might add.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Blaque_Out. I'd thought about the yellow spring, but am wary about getting the base boost too high such that it can't back off if the DI detects detonation. I get that sometimes if having sat in traffic and then booting it on a hot day.

How did you trial and error?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts