SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've just bought a v-plate SE Turbo with a broken SID - not the usual missing pixels, its actually smashed (probably by an irate former owner getting fed up with replacing it...)

Can I replace it with one purchased from another country (eg France) or will the display then be in the language of that country? If so, can it be re-programmed, and can anyone reccommend someone/give a cost for doing this?

Love the thing and I've oly had it a week!

Dave

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Hi Dave, sorry I cant find any reference to this :confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
It is possible to select a language on the SID. Don't remember how but its in the manual. This is on my '96 900s, so I would assume it would work on that one also. If you don't have the manual, i can look it up for ya.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - just thought I might be able to get a used one cheaper/easier if I could expand my horizons (including the dreaded Ebay). Doesn't seem to be much difference though. Chap in this country reckons he can supply one for £80 inc p&p. Does that sound reasonable?

Dave

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
It is possible to change the language on the SID2. You press CLEAR + SET at the same time and it'll let you select units and then language.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
DAVE260Z said:
Thanks - just thought I might be able to get a used one cheaper/easier if I could expand my horizons (including the dreaded Ebay). Doesn't seem to be much difference though. Chap in this country reckons he can supply one for £80 inc p&p. Does that sound reasonable?

Dave
If he can supply an SID for £80 i want one as well. Its normally done on an exchange basis, it might be worth checking with him cos a smashed unit means you gotta buy outright. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well -it's done!

Checked with Eric about replacing display - cost me £75 + £6 p&p

A total of £81 and I have a fully functional SID2!

Even more surprising was the turnaround - I posted on Tuesday, & received the replacement on the Thursday!

Obviously he can't do this every time (depends on what repairs are required I suppose) but it worked for me.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Dave does this person supply other displays, like the ACC one? Is their any guarantees? If so lets share their details ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
His email address is:

[email protected]

Could have sworn I put this in on the last post.

Best bet is to contact him and ask. I can only speak from my own experience, but I found him a pleasure to deal with.

He's on Ebay if you want 'buyer protection' - repairs are £60 + p&p. Mine was obviously more as the actual display screen was broken. You send yours off & he repairs it.

And he does do A/C displays as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts