SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
my fuel pump located in the engine compartment is making a vibrating sound inside the car, it's mounted directly onto the chassis withour any rubber damping.
First of all, is it supposed to be damped in any way?
Second, I suppose the pump is due for a change, but I can't seem to find any information about changing this pump. The process is straightforward, but where can I buy a new one? I only find fuel pump at apx $500 which is hilarious for this small pump!

Attaching a picture (sorry for the bad focus).

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
You can buy from eeuroparts.com they are usually the cheapest and are really good to deal with. there is also autohausaz.com and thesaabsite.com all should have the fuel pump.

·
Registered
954 Posts
im sure it depends if you have a 2,3 or a 4 door 900. if you have a 3 door you need to open the hatch and on the floor you need to remove the floor in the back by removing the torx screws that hold it down. you will see the fuel pump in the tank right in the middle. its easy to access. I went to a junk yard and saw the floor out in the trunk. and asked a guy that was showing me around if that was the fuel pump and he agreed. so it seems pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
906 Posts
audiophil said:
Hi,
my fuel pump located in the engine compartment is making a vibrating sound inside the car, it's mounted directly onto the chassis withour any rubber damping.
First of all, is it supposed to be damped in any way?
Second, I suppose the pump is due for a change, but I can't seem to find any information about changing this pump. The process is straightforward, but where can I buy a new one? I only find fuel pump at apx $500 which is hilarious for this small pump!

Attaching a picture (sorry for the bad focus).
I do not have a clue what this is?

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
I assume you have an 8 valve? That's not your fuel pump.

The buzzing is normal, if it didn't, you car won't start, if some day your car doesn't start, make sure the thing will buzz.

I've forgotten what its called, and as I only have one 8 valve, thats about all I know about it. Forget about replacing it though, its fine.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Perhaps the vibration is coming from the modulator valve, and one or more of its rubber mounts have expired. . If I thought my car had a bad pump , one of my first clues would be a lack of fuel pressure. I presume this car runs but makes a funny noise.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh...
Enlighting ;)
Hmm, I'm pretty sure it's this thingy that makes the sound, I can feel it and hear it strongest at this part. Should there be any rubber damping on this one, or is it correctly mountet without?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts