SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put in my silvervision turnsignals I noticed the guide pins on the metal sheath of the bulb are symetrical (one on each equal side of the bulb) and on ours they are offset. (One at 0 degrees and one at about 120 degrees). I checked and made sure I have the right model bulb and I do. I was able to jam it in there and it works, but there has to be a better solution. Has anybody else ran in to the same thing.

(Sorry for the poor drawing)

Stock light guidepin position Silvervision

(0) (0)

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Jerry, I have the Silvervision bulbs & did a bit of research.

Both the stock yellow, and my Silvervisions have the 2 offset pins.
The #s on the box are PY21W, 12496 SV, SKU is 8711500311184.

What I noticed that was interesting is that the clear bulbs (for the red brake lights) are symmetrical. Go figure. (EDIT, makes sense when you think about it. They tried to idiot-proof it)

I also could reasonably swap them so they fit. If they fit, perhaps no worries as long as the tip & sides are making good contact.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
All the cars I have come across use the offset pin bulb for the signals. The part number Vis got is correct for our car. The only thing with using an opposite pin bulb in an offset pin holder is that the bulb may not seat correctly or could pop out under vibration or hard knocks. It could also damage the offset pin bulb holder.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Jerry,

I didn't have that problem with my SilverVision turn signal bulbs, I bought mine from ambulbs.com

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I bought my Silvervisions from Epimporters.com. They are now Ambulbs. Maybe they have two different type of bulbs, one for the Euro market, and one for the US market. All the bulbs from Powerbulbs are Euro bulbs.

·
Registered
173 Posts
if the pins dont line up then chances are the ones you bought arent the PY21W...however, i have standard 1156 size blinkers with the pins directly opposite... these pins are only used for locking the bulb into place and have nothing to do with connectivity... so what i did was snip off one of the pins and sand it down and smooth...allowing the bulb to fit fine. one pin works jsut as well and it opens up alot more options for different bulbs =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts