SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name: Kyle

Means of contact: PM

Ive got brand new fog light pair for 9-5 Aero '00-'03 and all 9-5 non-Aeros '99-'05

Part # 5284526 Left
Part # 5284534 Right

Price : $60 per light or $100 for both

Also have a 9-5 OEM silver dash console and gear surround. Came out my '03 Aero. Sold as a set.

Price : $110

·
Registered
967 Posts
Does anyone know if the aero had the aluminum as standard and the carbon fiber was an option? because I have a carbon fiber dash trim and its peeling a bit and honestly I find the aluminum more attractive

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
Yes, the aluminum dash was standard on the Aero from 2002-2005. in 2000 and 2001 the Aero had the same walnut dashboard as the other trim levels. Carbon fiber was always an option, except on models with the optional Sport Tech interior, which had two-tone black and grey or blank and tan seats. Those came with the carbon fiber dash. I think the Sport Tech interior was only an option in 2004 and 2005.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I got lucky with this one then haha.. then again its an auto box so my luck only went so far.
The trim is peeling/ bending in a couple spots and I dont think theres an adhesive on earth thats strong enough to hold it down.

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,739 Posts
Actually there is - you get plastic 2 part epoxy from HD - and a heat gun....mix up the epoxy - take a fine screwdriver and get it in under the lifted parts - careful NOT to get it on the surface - and if you do get it off quick and use something like wax and grease remover to get it off....then heat with heat gun a bit - and then clamp it down - again making sure to wipe off any excess. I use plastic spring clamps. - I have restored several carbon fiber dashes that way - and for cracks - you need to use urethane clear coat - I use the 2 stage professional stuff....float it in the crack then when dry wet sand and buff.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually there is - you get plastic 2 part epoxy from HD - and a heat gun....mix up the epoxy - take a fine screwdriver and get it in under the lifted parts - careful NOT to get it on the surface - and if you do get it off quick and use something like wax and grease remover to get it off....then heat with heat gun a bit - and then clamp it down - again making sure to wipe off any excess. I use plastic spring clamps. - I have restored several carbon fiber dashes that way - and for cracks - you need to use urethane clear coat - I use the 2 stage professional stuff....float it in the crack then when dry wet sand and buff.
Fascinating

1 - 11 of 11 Posts