SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Parts/Project 2003 Aero "Hirsch Clone"

Name: Location - additional details: Means of contact: Price: Transmission Type (auto/manual): Mileage (miles/kms): Description: Pictures (embedded pics or links to external albums are mandatory):

James
CT Seashore/ Philadelphia/NJ/DE
text/Call 57Oh-47nine-10 ninety eight

$3500
Manual
225,000 miles

Car is an Aero loaded all feature ( xenon/Vented Seats ) except navi.

Car needs a more than I have time to deal with so its time for me to move on. Just bought and tuned a 2013 Jaguar AWD XF Supercharged V6 tunened to 460 HP

The car is ready to be parted with my mechanic but we are on the fence about whether it was worth fixing. I know the parts are worth way more than the car and are very rare in the US

The car has Hirsch front bumper and grill. I hit the remains of a dear on 95 and it broke and took a piece out of the bumper. It is fixable for someone who knows how to do fiberglass/hard plastic bumper repair. I bought some of the stuff to do that and they will go with the car. Grill is cracked but can be repaired with plastic fro a car restoration shop (ive done this on other cars, I have the kit to go with the car

Also has the rare Hirsch lip spoiler.

Hirsch Dual exhaust (not load but lightly rumbles) Chrome tips laser engraved from the factory with Hirsch performance, They are large tips and folks have often commented on them looking so aggressive The Downpipe is 2.75 inches (sorry Hirsch does not think 3" is required) and leads to the dual exhaust. DP had Hirsch Performance Cat that has never thrown a light

2005+ rear bumper with Custom rear valance for the dual exhaust

Custom Hirsch Style Steering wheel with silver carbon fiber insert.

Original Hirsch Pedals

Hirsch suspension Springs and Shocks (lowers about 1.5 inches all around and looks perfectly balanced. the struts do not leak (and look to be re-valved Eibach set

18t 6 CM rebulit turbo (I got it from Jameson who got it from Clark)

Car is tuned stage 3+ for the turbo and has drop in IC (new a year ago) and T5 cams.

Hirsch 5 spoke 17" Wheels, I've Got offered 1200 for these without the car. They are on good shape straight and tiny curb rash. Ive had them painted and repaired a few times over the years. They weigh only 17 lbs so the tend to be bendy. Just had Carl Ericson straighten one

Infinity speakers installed in the dash, (best easy sound mod ever!!-should have done it years ago)

New lot's of stuff, I keep the car in good shape.

New AC compressor, Power steering pump, cam cover gasket.

New SEM DI 1 yr,
New Hella Throttle body (2 yrs )
Car was painted in 2009

What work does it need?

2 tires are gone, two others on their way out.

I had a little old lady back right into the passenger side and the rear door is gone, and need a repair for the front. I have a line on a set of white doors for 300 bucks

I am thinking the turbo may be going, puff of smoke in mornings with temp change. I also have another used stock TD04 that will go with the car

I have a 19t 7CM turbo ready to install that is 700 extra.

Head gasket will need to be replaced. You can see white smoke at times and coolant slowly leaks ( new Saab OE mixing valve so its no that) Car runs strong anyway

Needs both CV joints. I was set to pull the axels and send to a shop in AZ that does awesome work with Original and US made parts for 90 bucks each includes return shipping

Needs front brakes. I have new Powerstop 9-3 oversized rotors machined to fit the 9-5 hub and Brembo Calipers one new one rebuilt painted with Hirsch Performance logo . These are 500 extra. I was Waiting to be put them on and I was going to do that when I pulled the axels.

The sunroof opens fine but needs to be closed manually. It does not stop when closing from tilt, you have to nudge it back into place with the switch

Anything else I will put up when I think of them.

More pics when I get around to it

Attachments

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah me too, its a blast to drive, no one knows what it is but it gets a ton of complements. I had thought I wold build another motor ( I have the some parts ready to go) and was gong to go big.... Oh well the Jag is a blast too.

I am minimizing my life and a condo does not give you much space ( or neighbors) that allow for restoring (or parting) a car.

Damn I love that car. GLWS bro

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm fairly certain I boiled the seals on my turbo when my cats clogged, could really use one and I live local in CT. Shoot me a pm if you have any options left

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry yes I did not see this. Its about ready to be parted so jump if you want the whole thing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey there, this line above intrigued me:
"Needs both CV joints. I was set to pull the axels and send to a shop in AZ that does awesome work with Original and US made parts for 90 bucks each includes return shipping "
as it seems like my driveshafts need some work.
I haven't run across this option, could you provide more details of the shop that does rebuilding. Was about to buy the China ones from Advanced Auto, but haven't fully rationalized it yet.
Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Hey there, this line above intrigued me:
"Needs both CV joints. I was set to pull the axels and send to a shop in AZ that does awesome work with Original and US made parts for 90 bucks each includes return shipping "
as it seems like my driveshafts need some work.
I haven't run across this option, could you provide more details of the shop that does rebuilding. Was about to buy the China ones from Advanced Auto, but haven't fully rationalized it yet.
Thanks,
Jon
Joryde,

This would be a better question via pm than in a sells post I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
toxicavenger
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing