SaabCentral Forums banner

Foglights question

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  JonV 
#1 ·
This seems kind of weird: on my car, there are no foglights, but I still have a foglights switch, and when it's depressed, the "foglights on" indicator appears on the instrument cluster. Normal?

#3 ·
Yeah, stupid me. I checked it after dark, and it's for the rear. Strangely enough, it's located on the HEADlight switch, and the icon that lights up when the switch is activated also looks like a headlight. Where is the (front) foglight switch located when the car is so equipped?

#4 ·
mrbrett said:
Yeah, stupid me. I checked it after dark, and it's for the rear. Strangely enough, it's located on the HEADlight switch, and the icon that lights up when the switch is activated also looks like a headlight. Where is the (front) foglight switch located when the car is so equipped?
On the other top corner of the headlight switch.
Perhaps you could consider it an external lighting control.

#6 ·
Anyone know where I can purchase a rear foglight bulb? Or, better yet, should I bother my dealer for it (since I just bought it 14 days ago). Seriously, I'm sort of crappy at this kind of grovelling crud. I just want it to be in the new condition it is supposed to be in (for at least a month damnit);oops:.

#7 ·
paris-station said:
For some cars the fog lights may be disabled due to DRL. you need to go to the dealer and have them reprogram it. cost around 130USD
Not quite true, the front fogs are only disabled if the dealer disables DRL but doesn't re-add the fog lamp capability when doing the Tech II changes.

The instrument panel indicator lamp is green for the front fogs and amber for the rear fogs. And yes, front fogs are activated using a seperate switch on the main light switch.

#8 ·
inyrmnd said:
Anyone know where I can purchase a rear foglight bulb? Or, better yet, should I bother my dealer for it (since I just bought it 14 days ago). Seriously, I'm sort of crappy at this kind of grovelling crud. I just want it to be in the new condition it is supposed to be in (for at least a month damnit);oops:.
At any auto parts store that sells P21W, cost $1.19 - $2.99. for a pack of 2.

#11 ·
inyrmnd said:
If you only see one light it is because there is only one light bulb for the rear fogs for safety reasons. That's the condition the car is supposed to be in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.