SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
03 vert se-sports pkg, 01 viggen vert
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever seen or thought about fabricating some guards for the fogs? I just noticed i have ANOTHER broken glass lens!!! Its like the 4th time in 2 yrs. Usually always the drivers side too! Theres got to be a way to protect these things better

·
Registered
11,523 Posts
Have you tried Stone Guard or something similar? I've been using something similar on the front end of c900s for many years with good results. I finally lost a headlight a couple years ago, but the film was so strong I kept driving around with shattered glass for over a year. ;)

·
Registered
Current: 2000 9-3 Aero 5d, Family: 85 900i 3dr.
1,488 Posts
This is really a question for rally-style users.
There was a place (in Canada I think) that was creating a plastic lens to replace the glass headlight lens in OG9-3 in particular Viggens.
I'm hunting for that link so I can post it for you.
Remember the mesh will also trap material and will make cleaning difficult.
A film or plastic coating will be easier to clean.
That's my perspective.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, some hi impact plastic lenses would be great. I think im gonna get some of that stoneguard Jvan was speaking of

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
Thanks, some hi impact plastic lenses would be great. I think im gonna get some of that stoneguard Jvan was speaking of
Just about every NG9-3 and 2002-later 9-5 plastic headlights need attention, if not replacement, due to cloudy lenses. I would much prefer glass lenses.

I drove my NG900 all over the place, on busy highways with fast-buck dump trucks, gravel roads, and in winter. I had to replace one broken foglight when I got the car, but the headlights and foglights had no further issues or breaks.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats some perty good luck there. Ive had 4 broken foglight lenses in last 2 yrs & just today a dump truck shredded a tire & took out my corner light. Its getting hazzardous drivin in the Lou! Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts