SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was checking for some fog lights for 2001 93-OG and looks like 2001 9-5 also has the same part number based on esaabparts ( 5333794). Is the info correct?

Also, a question on hoods? Do 93NG hoods fit OG models?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Hoods - no.

Fogs - I’m not at home so can’t consult the EPC (electronic parts catalogue) but I’m sure someone will.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Can confirm that the fog lights in the 900NG are different to those in the 9-3OG, and the 9-3OG shares the same foglight part as the 9-5 of the same era

This was a disappointment to me when I upgraded to 9-3OG from 900NG - on the 900NG it's trivially easy to do a HID conversion on the foglights as they use H3 bulbs which have a trailing cable through the back of the bulb-holder within the unit. 9-3OG foglights use an H1 bulb and have an external bulb holder in the rear cap: Practically impossible to HID-convert these using the original bulb holders (and without the bulb holders the unit is open to atmosphere and has no way of retaining a bulb in the original position~)

Been looking into fitting a HID projector bulb assembly from a motorbike in place of the foglight backplate, which is at least removable, but it doesnt look easy. Another option is an LED array inside the unit.... Can't even fit high power H1 LEDs as the bulb hole through the backplate is exactly the same size and profile as a H1 filament bulb...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts